Forsberg/Crosby/Lindros vs Ovechkin/Malkin/Jagr

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
From that other poll I made Forsberg/Crosby/Lindros ran away with it, do you think Ovechkin/Malkin/Jagr could possibly be better? All players at their peaks.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Thought this may have been closer. What if I replaced Malkin with Lemieux?

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Really surprising results considering the 2 best players and the 2 best peak seasons came from OV and Jagr.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Thought this may have been closer. What if I replaced Malkin with Lemieux?

That wouldn't be fair. Flip Malkin and Crosby?

OV vs Forsberg: OV's 07/08 is better than anything Forsberg did and there's really no argument. I'd say his 09/10 and 08/09 are better too but either way he has the best season.

Malkin vs Crosby: Malkin's 11/12 is the best season between them but at worst it's a wash at peaks.

Jagr vs Lindros: this one is so easy. Their entire careers overlapped and Jagr was always seen as the better player. Jagr's 99 >> anything Lindros did.

Honestly have no idea how the 1st group is winning. Unanimously at that..

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Jagr had the best peak season. Crosby is the best player.

Playoff performances would have the OV trio behind the others.

Jagr and OV have the 2 best peak seasons. Crosby is not the best player. Peak Jagr and peak OV > peak Crosby all day. IIRC there was a poll done recently about peak OV vs Crosby and OV won convincingly. I'd take peak Malkin over Crosby too.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Jagr and OV have the 2 best peak seasons. Crosby is not the best player. Peak Jagr and peak OV > peak Crosby all day. IIRC there was a poll done recently about peak OV vs Crosby and OV won convincingly. I'd take peak Malkin over Crosby too.

???? Crosby is the only one close to pacing for #5 all-time.

The OP said peak play. Crosby in 2010/11 was arguably the best peak since the lockout, amazing all around play.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
That wouldn't be fair. Flip Malkin and Crosby?

OV vs Forsberg: OV's 07/08 is better than anything Forsberg did and there's really no argument. I'd say his 09/10 and 08/09 are better too but either way he has the best season.

Malkin vs Crosby: Malkin's 11/12 is the best season between them but at worst it's a wash at peaks.

Jagr vs Lindros: this one is so easy. Their entire careers overlapped and Jagr was always seen as the better player. Jagr's 99 >> anything Lindros did.

Honestly have no idea how the 1st group is winning. Unanimously at that..

There's this thing called defense, that could help you understand what's going on here. Also Ovechkin may have had the better season, but I'm not totally sure if I would call a peak Ovechkin a better player than a peak Forsberg, all things considered.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Forsberg/Crosby/Lindros would be a stupid-good line.

So much strength, grit, puck protection, goal scoring and playmaking ability on one line, with above average defensive play too. I think they are the 3 best all around forwards ever which is why I'm wondering is there another line you could construct that would be more dominant besides a Lemieux/Gretzky/Howe line?

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
???? Crosby is the only one close to pacing for #5 all-time.

The OP said peak play. Crosby in 2010/11 was arguably the best peak since the lockout, amazing all around play.

That's Crosby's career, I never said the others had a better career.

Ovechkin was better. 62 goals + 73 assists. 135pts in 81 games. Better than any stretch of Crosby's career.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
There's this thing called defense, that could help you understand what's going on here. Also Ovechkin may have had the better season, but I'm not totally sure if I would call a peak Ovechkin a better player than a peak Forsberg, all things considered.

Defense is irrelevant when the players are peak OV, Malkin and Jagr.

Peak Ovechkin is better than peak Forsberg. Half a season, full season, multiple seasons. No contest.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Defense is irrelevant when the players are peak OV, Malkin and Jagr.

Peak Ovechkin is better than peak Forsberg. Half a season, full season, multiple seasons. No contest.

At scoring goals and staying healthy, which are obviously two huge things, but you can't fault someone for thinking a player who was better at literally everything else (okay Ovechkin get's the edge in skating too, atleast straight ahead speed and explosiveness) was a slightly better player overall especially when it comes down to the big games.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Also defense is never irrelevant when you are comparing them to 3 players as good as Crosby, Forsberg and Lindros who are right there with them offensively too.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
That's Crosby's career, I never said the others had a better career.

Ovechkin was better. 62 goals + 73 assists. 135pts in 81 games. Better than any stretch of Crosby's career.

Not when you factor in scoring levels.

Crosby's best 80 game stretch sees his PPG clearly more dominant than OV's was. Their PPGs may have been the same but the rest of the field is closer to OV than Crosby.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
As long as Scott Stevens isn't on the Ovechkin team, I'm taking Forsberg, Crosby and Lindros all day.

People these days act like Ovechkin was a big bruising power forward (and Jamie Benn as well) and these guys at their best never came close to the levels of chaos and terror that Lindros brought to the ice.

Not to mention that Forsberg, Crosby and Lindros are probably all better defensive players than any of Malkin, Ovechkin and Jagr. So while Ovy and Jagr are insane goal scorers, some of that may be mitigated by the overall team defense of the Crosby unit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad