News Article: Former Ranger Mark Pavelich found dead

SlingshotVv

arm-bar all the things
Sep 28, 2009
Colonia, NJ
Mark was my first every favorite Ranger when I was like 4 or 5. My uncle had bought me one of those old school hockey board games, foozball level hockey, and I named the center Pavelich.

this news is awful and I wish his family the best.

Reactions: connorbutnotmcdavid

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
One of my favorite Rangers ever, with.

Goyette
Park
Lundqvist
Beck
Ruotsalinen
Kovalev

and I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Pavelich highlight for me was in a playoff game against the Islanders. Nystrom, who was a big strong, aggressive dude, lined Pavelich up for a thunderous check. Pavelich braced himself and exploded back at him. Nystrom flew through the air, landing on his ass. I was shocked and impressed. He was a complete player.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I’ve been a Rangers fan since the 71-72 season and of all the Rangers coaches who have come and gone the one I liked least was Ted Sator. To me he and his staff cut the heart out of the team he inherited from Herb Brooks. It started in training camp with the demotion of Pierre Larouche to the minors and not even the Rangers farm team—they loaned him to the Hershey Bears and it seemed to me that when Sator decided he didn’t like someone it was always met with some vindictive reprisal. He and Pavelich clashed and eventually Mark left the team in March before the playoffs. It also pretty much was the end for Barry Beck who left the team in the off season and only played sporadically in the NHL afterwards and as well for Reijo Ruotsalainen who went back to Finland though would catch on with the Oilers when the Finnish season ended and managed to win a Cup or two that way.

To me Pavelich, Beck and Ruotsalainen are real Ranger legends and Sator is simply the worst coach we ever had. Sorry to all the AV and Quinn haters but that’s the way I see it.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad