OT: Former Panther Jimmy Hayes passed away at age 31

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Terrible news. Seemed like such a fun and well liked guy in his time in Florida. The young kids just make it that much worse

Reactions: harv33173

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I think what hits me the most is that he has two young kids. Both can't comprehend this nor have too much trauma from this but for example I have a 18 month old that knows when I come home from work and he bolts it to the door to give me a hug.

So, it breaks my heart that the 2 year old may be confused why their dad isn't popping into their room or why they can't find him in the house. And that the 3 month old will have very little pictures of them and their dad.

31 is far too young to go. RIP Jimmy

Reactions: harv33173

IceKitties

Dec 31, 2017
Florida
Man... this is such sad and unexpected news. That has to be so tough for his family, especially with two young kids. RIP.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Man hope it's not more CTE related shit horrible stuff man.

Have seen reports that it might be something else, very sad situation.

RIP and condolences to the family, he seemed like a great guy.

At times like this, I think about how I don't know how much longer I'll have my parents, my brother, or anyone else I love. All I can do is make the most of the time I do have, and I hope everyone else will do the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dread Clawz

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
AP31348978205-768x543.jpg

'13-'15
125 gp, 30 G, 23 A

Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Anyone willing to get some touching and also quite devastating insights and details about the funeral and eulogies by his brother and others… and how players like PK are close to the Hayes family … hockey players are a tight community … go check the Bruins boards. People make some really fantastic comments. Bring a Kleenex or two or a box.

There’s still no cause of death. The autopsy hasn’t revealed one. It’s a mystery… go to bed, never wake up, no stroke, no heart attack, no poison, …

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
This really bothered me and hit me hard. I have a pre conception of addicts as being obvious . Seeing a happy guy like this suffer is a shock
Don't trust public image. The overwhelming majority of addicts are NOT happy, hence the reliance on substances.

Jimmy struggled to stay in the league and it seems as though that my have weighed on him like it does many pro athletes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad