Former Ducks Thread II: AKA Wild Bill is good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
It's crazy to think that Chris Kunitz, at the age of 39 is about to miss the playoffs for the first time in his career (* ok, his rookie season 2003-04 the Mighty Ducks, where he played 21 NHL games, did not make the playoffs, but Kunitz played playoffs for their AHL affiliate Cincinnati that year) since becoming a pro. The guy has had an unbelievably fortunate career so far. I don't know if he with his 4 Stanley Cup wins (+ an olympic gold medal) deserves a place in the HHOF, probably not, but definitely a hall of an exceptional playing careers.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It's crazy to think that Chris Kunitz, at the age of 39 is about to miss the playoffs for the first time in his career (* ok, his rookie season 2003-04 the Mighty Ducks, where he played 21 NHL games, did not make the playoffs, but Kunitz played playoffs for their AHL affiliate Cincinnati that year) since becoming a pro. The guy has had an unbelievably fortunate career so far. I don't know if he with his 4 Stanley Cup wins (+ an olympic gold medal) deserves a place in the HHOF, probably not, but definitely a hall of an exceptional playing careers.

yeah even though he's been pretty useless the past few seasons its still pretty incredible that he's made it this long and that he's turning 40 this year

undrafted, didn't break into the league full time until he was 26, and still managed to play this long, win 4 cups, and even represent canada in the olympics. hell of a career. although there's no way he belongs in the HOF

Reactions: Tiny Biggs

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
I don't normally keep up with advanced stats, but catching some Vegas games recently, it's kind of amazing that Shea Theodore only has 28 points in 64 games and is a minus player. Feels like his overall impact on the ice is enormous compared to the box score; he's gotta be an analytics darling.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
I don't normally keep up with advanced stats, but catching some Vegas games recently, it's kind of amazing that Shea Theodore only has 28 points in 64 games and is a minus player. Feels like his overall impact on the ice is enormous compared to the box score; he's gotta be an analytics darling.

He impresses me every time I watch Vegas play, which is fairly often on nights that we don't play and they do. The one that got away lol.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
montour scores again

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
former ducks legend brian gibbons has put up a respectable 5 pts in 9 games for the sens after having 5 pts in 44 games with the ducks

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Check out emerson etem last Instagram post... damn

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Check out emerson etem last Instagram post... damn
A Sharks poster in their GDT (post #318) mentioned that Raffi Torres' career was ended by a dirty hit by the Ducks, which happens to be that Etem play. I replied to his post with a link to the video and was instantly reprimanded for trolling. Here is the Instagram post btw

Reactions: Tiny Biggs

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
A Sharks poster in their GDT mentioned that Raffi Torres' career was ended by a dirty hit by the Ducks, which happens to be that Etem play. I replied to his post with a link to the video and was instantly reprimanded for trolling. Here is the Instagram post btw

Yeah...given that Raffi Torres tried to decapitate Silf in the preseason two years later and got suspended for half the season, he's not getting the benefit of the doubt

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Sad but he seems to have the right mindset for it. Lot of people start drinking heavily/get depressed when they don't live up to their potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad