Former Ducks Thread II: AKA Wild Bill is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
he would not have been a 30 goal scorer on the ducks

didn't think he would have ever been a 30 goal scorer but he's in a perfect situation with vegas

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
What Karlsson is doing is impressive, but the guy's shooting at 25% (the guy would have 15 goals based on his career shooting today or 9 goals based on his career shooting percentage before this season). If Vegas go long term with a big contract for him they're going to regret it massively.

Reactions: Paul4587

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
What Karlsson is doing is impressive, but the guy's shooting at 25% (the guy would have 15 goals based on his career shooting today or 9 goals based on his career shooting percentage before this season). If Vegas go long term with a big contract for him they're going to regret it massively.
I think if they would be thinking to do that, they would already sign him for that big deal. Doubt their GM is that dumb.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
I think if they would be thinking to do that, they would already sign him for that big deal. Doubt their GM is that dumb.
Well their GM is the one who traded Forsberg for Erat....so anything is possible

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Well their GM is the one who traded Forsberg for Erat....so anything is possible
haha, good point.

But I think they are focused to build a very strong organisation for longterm, unlike Forsberg for Erat which was as dumb ''all-in'' move as you can get. So I get an understanding they will approach all things smart.

I have no info to back it up though, that`s just my understanding and gut feeling.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
As true as that is, I think you have to give him some credit considering he built this current team from the ground up. Don't forget, our GM gave up Karlsson for a broken down Wiz. ;)
For sure, he's done a good job - and most of that is down to his decision of coach, roster decisions have been alright but it's the coaching move that really pushed them forward.

And to be fair Karlsson was seen as a potential 2/3c at the NHL level at the time we traded him, not really close to the top tier prospect status Forsberg had. And was Wiz really broken down here? He had been a solid 2nd pairing guy when coming to Anaheim, I don't recall any serious injuries off top of my head - more he just didn't fit in with BB's style.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
don't think wiz was broken or injured when he got here

like others have mentioned, he didn't fit BB's style which makes the trade even dumber. i get why murray did it but at least go after someone you know will fit the coach's style. they gave up karlsson for wiz to sit in the press box on most nights

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
For sure, he's done a good job - and most of that is down to his decision of coach, roster decisions have been alright but it's the coaching move that really pushed them forward.

And to be fair Karlsson was seen as a potential 2/3c at the NHL level at the time we traded him, not really close to the top tier prospect status Forsberg had. And was Wiz really broken down here? He had been a solid 2nd pairing guy when coming to Anaheim, I don't recall any serious injuries off top of my head - more he just didn't fit in with BB's style.

I'd be happy with a GM who could hire a good coach. ;)

I agree that at the time it Karlsson certainly wasn't high on the radar to be a core piece here. But Wiz never played for us after that trade. Some say he was still injured when we got him. I don't if that's true, but it's probably true that even if healthy he was on the decline with apparently not enough to offer the coach to play him. Eh, I guess my main point was that all GMs have their warts including our genius. I'm just really happy to see how well Vegas is doing this year. I think it's good for the league and I tip my hat to all McPhee has accomplished there. I'd love to see them win the cup. I'd love it!

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I mean karlsson was on the top power play unit in like his first week here before he was traded....

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
don't think wiz was broken or injured when he got here

like others have mentioned, he didn't fit BB's style which makes the trade even dumber. i get why murray did it but at least go after someone you know will fit the coach's style. they gave up karlsson for wiz to sit in the press box on most nights

Was it Wiz's style or just that the Despres trade worked out so much better than expected? I'd lean more towards the latter... Fowler - Despres was f'ing beauty

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Watching a bit from the Oilers - Avalanche game. Oilers whole team are snakebit. Or they have orders from the top to tank. They miss wide open goals and hit the side of the net. Good game, have fun Maroon!

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Kunitz got his 10th goal of the season giving him 10 goals 9 assists 18 points in his 60th game which is in the 2nd period. I wonder what would happen if Lightning go on to win the Cup if he would decide to retire as a champion or keep playing like Cullen did.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Kunitz got his 10th goal of the season giving him 10 goals 9 assists 18 points in his 60th game which is in the 2nd period. I wonder what would happen if Lightning go on to win the Cup if he would decide to retire as a champion or keep playing like Cullen did.

crazy to think he has a legit chance at winning his 5th cup this season

didn't realize he's almost 40

Reactions: Spazkat

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Noesen has turned himself into a pretty decent grinder in NJ. Going to push 30 points this year. Good for him, those injuries he had at 19 and 20 could have cost him an NHL career pretty easily

NJ is Anaheim East with Vatanen, Palmieri, Lovejoy, and Noesen

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Noesen has turned himself into a pretty decent grinder in NJ. Going to push 30 points this year. Good for him, those injuries he had at 19 and 20 could have cost him an NHL career pretty easily

NJ is Anaheim East with Vatanen, Palmieri, Lovejoy, and Noesen

They also had dsp

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
Just realised Timo Pielmeier was on Germany's roster for the Olympics, aka guy who has worst save percentage in Anaheim history thanks to getting lit up in relief in a game v St Louis I think it was where we went through about 17 goaltenders for that season.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Just realised Timo Pielmeier was on Germany's roster for the Olympics, aka guy who has worst save percentage in Anaheim history thanks to getting lit up in relief in a game v St Louis I think it was where we went through about 17 goaltenders for that season.

wasn't he the one who came to the ducks with bonino in the moen trade?

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Everytime I look at a Vegas box score, Karlsson has a goal.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad