Former Ducks Thread II: AKA Wild Bill is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
So does anyone know why Tim Heed was not extended after his ELC? I see he had a pretty good 14-15 season in Sweden which I believe was his last during the ELC. A year after that Sharks signed him and he has started out well. Perhaps the logjam we have would've prevented showcasing him much, but I imagine he would've been an a decent trade asset if nothing less.

Per capfriendly the Ducks entry contract with Heed was (mutually) terminated after 12-13 season.

Seems like he wanted to stay in Europe and the Ducks said ok let's void the contract. Then he changed his mind in 2016 and signed with the Sharks.

Reactions: Tiny Biggs

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Well that was damned if you do damned if you don't for BM. If he doesn't make a move, everyone complains about him hoarding assets. I know you can argue Wiz wasn't the right guy to go after but I respected his aggression there personally and wish he'd do that more

Plus, he had no way of knowing that the Despres deal was going to fall into his lap. Despres' emergence (along with Wiz's poor health) was the reason why that Wiz deal ended up being so "bad".

We needed D to gear up for the playoffs, Bob went and got us some. Karlsson and a 2nd (plus Bork) was a significant price, but we needed to do that to be competitive in the postseason. Just this past draft, we missed out on Tolvanen, because Bob brought in Eaves for a playoff run. It is what it is.

In 2015, I actually thought we had one of the best/deepest defenses in the league. Fowler-Despres, Lindholm-Beauch, Stoner-Vatanen and Wiz.

Reactions: AngelDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Plus, he had no way of knowing that the Despres deal was going to fall into his lap. Despres' emergence (along with Wiz's poor health) was the reason why that Wiz deal ended up being so "bad".

We needed D to gear up for the playoffs, Bob went and got us some. Karlsson and a 2nd (plus Bork) was a significant price, but we needed to do that to be competitive in the postseason. Just this past draft, we missed out on Tolvanen, because Bob brought in Eaves for a playoff run. It is what it is.

In 2015, I actually thought we had one of the best/deepest defenses in the league. Fowler-Despres, Lindholm-Beauch, Stoner-Vatanen and Wiz.
We should have won the cup that year. If Boudreau wasn't such a nit wit and Perry/Getzlaf played better in games 6 and 7 we would have

That is one of the few seasons where I think it's weird to blame Murray for anything. There were plenty of other years where the blame was actually warranted

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Per capfriendly the Ducks entry contract with Heed was (mutually) terminated after 12-13 season.

Seems like he wanted to stay in Europe and the Ducks said ok let's void the contract. Then he changed his mind in 2016 and signed with the Sharks.

I see. Thanks for the info! Never doubt the Ducks selected Swedish defenseman.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I'm sure every team has them, but is there a list of players we have lost for no return the last 5 years?

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
William Karlsson so far with 9 goals 7 assists 16 points with 17:56 average time on ice per game in 19 games for Golden Knights. I doubt he would be producing like that if he was getting limited mins like he had gotten in each of his past season. Regardless it looks bad that we traded him away especially for the return we had gotten for him.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I really don`t want to blame Murray on this one. As much as I didn`t want to let Wild Bill go, I was compltely on board with the trade then, and I know many of you were as well. Well, we got lucky of not having any significant injury on the backend that led to not using Wiz. Trades are always a risk.
Good for William. One of the rare F draftees that has panned out for us in the past few years, would be sweet to have Rak - Wild Bill dynamic duo.

Reactions: JabbaJabba
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
The sad story of Stephen Peat made me realize it's only 20 years ago that enforcers were drafted on the 2nd round. Scott Parker went 20th OA the same year ('98). I'm glad we're past that.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
If Karlsson's passing game catches up with the NHL, that trade is going to get even more depressing. He showed some nice playmaking skills at the lower levels.

Reactions: Paul4587

ayrton2388

May 23, 2014
Karlsson also has a 23% shooting. Im glad he's doing well, but 23% .... you gotta take that into consideration.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Karlsson also has a 23% shooting. Im glad he's doing well, but 23% .... you gotta take that into consideration.

Even if you halve his shooting percent he would still have 6 goals, 14 points on the year which is on pace for a 23 goal, 54 point season.

I’m glad to see him do well as I always liked him. It’s a shame it’s not with us though.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
At least we don't look as stupid as Columbus. We traded a lesser developed prospect for a shot at the cup. Who did Columbus protect that was worth exposing an established but still developing Wild Bill for?

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
And then they bought him out anyway during the offseason. Talk about making smart choices...

And they also traded their 1st round 2017 pick to Vegas to make them pick William Karlsson and not some of their non-protected but still wanted players. Hahaha.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Well to be fair, Vegas took Clarkson and his contract in the same trade, which enabled Columbus to re-sign Atkinson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad