Player Discussion Forgot about Drai

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 8.36.21 PM.png

Our boy is on the cover of NHL.com :)

hoki

Oct 5, 2021
Draisaitl is such a monster that he could be a big catalyst for German hockey in general. Kids growing up now looking up to him and we'll see a Blitz of zee germans in 10-20 years in the NHL. Achtung und sehr Gut!

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Draisaitl: Not 'realistic' for me to score 82 goals this season

He's the first Oilers player besides Wayne Gretzky to record 40 points prior to the 20-game mark in a season, according to Sportsnet Stats. Draisaitl is also the first NHL player to record 40 points through 19 games since Mario Lemieux scored 44 and Jaromir Jagr scored 41 during the 1995-96 campaign.

Since the beginning of the 2018-19 season, Draisaitl ranks second in the league with 339 points in 228 games. He trails only teammate Connor McDavid, who has 354 points in 217 contests. Brad Marchand and Patrick Kane each have 277 points, though Marchand did it in 218 games to Kane's 222.

HE'S PRETTY GOOD I THINK.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
The Draisaitl/McDavid tandem is the closest thing I have seen to Gretzky/Kurri in terms of overall talent that meshes together so well. Of course Gretzky is Gretzky but right now Leon is in the conversation with the other Oiler greats. I'd put him in a tier with Messier and Coffey at this point.

Gretzky

McDavid
Draisaitl, Messier, Coffey
Kurri
Anderson, Fuhr

Barring injuries there are two more sure fire Hall of Famers on this team right now. The gap between Leon and McDavid may disappear fairly soon.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
What an incredible power move into the slot last night for the 2nd Drai goal. I mean the first was him being great, the 2nd was incredible dexterity in traffic and making it look easy while picking a spot and slotting it.

His jump acceleration and perfect pass to Kassian to get him rolling. What a play. Watch Drai explode into action on that play. Its the change in speed, that is one facet that makes both Drai and McD so dangerous. But less people seem to realize that Drais acceleration is extreme from a standing start. The yotes didn't know what hit them last night.

Michaels sez: The Yotes have had enough of this line tonight.

The great thing when we load up is its Harlem Globetrotters out there. Its truly incredible what these two do, and its all happening here. The two best players in the world, right here.

Never thought it would happen twice in a lifetime. Only Montreal and Pittsburgh have experienced this nature of renaissance in post expansion NHL. The only other clubs to feature hockey gods two different eras.

Reactions: Aerrol and Game 8

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
All people see on the main forums are goals and assists and like to pick at his game.

They totally ignore that he again this year like last leads the league by a large margin in GWG, which yeah are pretty important.

He leads all forwards in the league on toi / game

He is a huge plus player

He is a beast in the faceoff circle, again this year at 55% plus.

All things that add to the value of being an elite score and elite set up man.

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
All people see on the main forums are goals and assists and like to pick at his game.

They totally ignore that he again this year like last leads the league by a large margin in GWG, which yeah are pretty important.

He leads all forwards in the league on toi / game

He is a huge plus player

He is a beast in the faceoff circle, again thus year at 55% plus.

All things that add to the value of being an elite score and elite set up man.
He's a top-2 player in the world, and NOTHING in his game suggests anything else. Amazing player.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
In the 70s the Soviet Union's Victor Tikhonov viewed Bob Gainey as ' in the best player in the world in the technical skills.'

Think this is a good reference point for Draisaitl. He is a elite level sniping assassin McWinger. A power forward centreman with elite vision, distribution abilities, and face off proficiency. He can score from distance or utilize power forward strength like the Coyotes game to score in traffic. Relied upon for 5 on 3 PK duties for his face-off abilities, size and strength. Fueled by elite hockey sense and an unquenchable white hot need to win. And an ultimate team guy on top of all this.

McDavid is the best player in the world and a generational talent who does things that no other hockey player has ever done. But it is possible and quite likely that the complete sum of Draisaitl's game is the best all round in the world. I've watched Dub hockey all my life and I have never seen a player improve to the degree that Draisaitl has done from junior into a worthy Hart Trophy NHL winner. Never. Not close.

Let other team's fans and media underrate him. This is just want Draisaitl would want I think to deflect to this team and its collective efforts to win.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Main Boards: bUt iF mAtHeWs pLaYeD wItH mCdAvId hE'd hAvE 100 gOaLs....:rolleyes:

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
You have to admit the way he carries himself on the ice he looks so lazy, I find it hilarious given how productive and effective he is. 50 in 50 would be unreal.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Rude at all? Its just a humorous observation. Exactly as I stated every time they are tied the NHL stats FLASH page has Connor leading, and a picture of Connor as leader. Even though Drai is first on the basis of tiebreakers. Yes I know I click on individual leaders its comes up with the correct listing.

They used to do this on the PGA leaderboards with Tiger too.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad