Foreurs

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
FOREURS PURCHASED

The Val d'Or Foreurs have been purchased by a couple of local businessmen from the Val d'Or area. The team has named Scott Howson the new president, who was recently let go by the Columbus Blue Jackets of the NHL. Mr. Howson looks forward to making an impact on the franchise. "We have a struggling team right now. In the city, other than the odd pedestrian, you don't see much about the Foreurs. We're here to change that. I will be naming a General Manager, who will be bilingual, as well as a coaching staff, with all members being bilingual too. Our first move as new management though, is to release every single player, and have them dispersed throughout the league. We may or may not receive compensation for the players, depending on who it is."
Howson said about the franchise. Wow. What a turn of events for the Foreurs!
-May 1st, 2012

*Follow the team on twitter: @nhl13vf

Last edited:

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
CAMERON NAMED HEAD COACH

Rouyn-Noranda assistant coach Connor Cameron is no longer a Husky. Connor has been named head coach of the Val d'Or Foreurs. "I'm ecstatic," said Cameron, "Getting a chance to be the head coach in a league like this is incredible, and I like the direction this team is putting themselves in. I look forward to the coming weeks and months in preparation for the season." Cameron's new assistants Eric Dubois, and Ron Choules, were both equally as happy to be coming to the Foreurs. "After getting the scissors from Cape Breton, I knew I had to re-evaluate my view on things hockey wise, and that's what I did. I'm glad to be coming here." Choules said. Dubois added this, "It's going to be fun. I'm coming from being released by Bathurst, so I have some experience in the league too. We promise Val d'Or a solid hockey team next year, and if our team isn't great, we'l certainly be great to watch." Scott Howson said among all the candidates for the jobs, it was these men's experience that set them over the top. "Experience is everything in junior hockey. We looked hard through lots of individuals, and these three are the right men for the job.

-May 6th, 2012

Last edited:

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
Roster

Forwards
#8 Garland, Conor
#11 Kielly, Kameron
#12 Donaghey, Connor
#20 Hébert, Nicolas
#22 Lavoie, Jonathan
#23 Haas, Kyle
#24 Ottereyes, Deverick
#25 Aquin, Samuel
#28 Audette, Daniel
#29 Dickinson, Justin
#67 Gobeil, Thomas
#91 Pépin, Alexis
#93 Labrie, Ryan
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#

Defence
#13 Talbot-Tassi, Dominic
#34 Beaulieu, Anthony
#44 Provencher, JP
#55 Arsenault, Jacob
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#

Goalies
#31 Bureau, Alex
#
#
#
#

Last edited:

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
GM NAMED, DISPERSAL RESULTS

Their is two big news stories in Val d'Or today. One being that Jean Gagnon is the new GM of the team, and the other being results from the dispersal draft. Jean comes from being the assistant GM with the Quebec Remparts, and is quite thrilled to have gotten the job. "I've wanted to be a GM in this league for a long time, and now my dream has finally come true. I have visited this city a lot with the Remparts, and I know the team isn't overly popular here, but we're here to change that. I'm very excited for the work that lies ahead." Dispersal draft results are below:

Round 1
1. Drummondville- Anton Zlobin
2. Quebec- Artem Sergeyev
3. Rimouski- Anthony Mantha
4. PEI- Samuel Henley
5. Cape Breton- Brandon Hynes
6. Moncton- Randy Gazzola
7. Gatineau- Nicolas Aubé-Kubel
8. Bathurst- François Tremblay
9. Baie-Comeau- Guillaume Gélinas
10. Victoriaville- Vincent Dunn
11. Saint John- Julien Leduc
12. Blainville- Thierry Comtois
13. Sherbrooke- Skyler Spiller
14. Chicoutimi- Anthony Richard
15. Halifax- Philippe Trudeau
16. Shawinigan- Brett Hester
17. Rouyn-Noranda- Jérémie Fraser

Round 2
1. Drummondville- Silas Neeposh
2. Quebec-Alexandre St-Arnaud
3. Rimouski- Guillaume Rioux-Legault
4. PEI- Pierre-Maxime Poudrier
5. Cape Breton- Jessy Morin

Loïk Poudrier and Cedrick Henley have both signed professional contracts, so they weren't drafted.

-May 30th, 2012

Last edited:

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
HEADING INTO DRAFT

Heading into the 2013 QMJHL Draft, the Foreurs have stockpiled early picks, although only having 6, four sit in the first round, two in the top 3 and three in the top 10. The Foreurs are looking to make a big splash, and have their eyes on a few players. "We know who we're taking with most of our picks, and we're hoping the apples will fall well for us." said GM Jean Gagnon. The Foreurs have picks 1, 3, 8, 16, 21, and 29.

-June 2nd, 2012

Last edited:

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
DRAFT DAY IN QC

It's draft day here in Quebec City, at the Pepsi Colisée! Your Val d'Or Foreurs are loaded with early picks as well. When the time finally comes, the staff of the Foreurs take to the stage to make the first overall pick. President Scott Howson steps toward the mic, and says, "Les Foreurs de Val-d'Or sont fière de sélectionne en prémiere, The Val d'Or Foreurs are proud to select first overall, Daniel Audette!" The crowd erupts and Daniel goes to receive his jersey and meet his new team. Daniel then is interviewed by a local reporter. "How does it feel going first overall Daniel?" she said. "It feels amazing, I cannot believe it's happened!" Daniel replied. Daniel is then put through a series of more questions, and interviews. Daniel will play in the league next year, and will wear #28 on the Foreurs. Third overall, the Foreurs selected power forward Alexis Pépin, and eighth overall, undersized speedy winger Conor Garland. The Foreurs capped off the draft selecting Nicolas Hébert, Alex Bureau, and Kameron Kielly with their remaining picks. All six men will be on the roster next year. Pépin will wear #91, Garland #8, Hébert #20, Bureau #31, and Kielly #11. This gives the Foreurs some players who can play immediately, and will be great for the future.

-June 9th, 2012

Last edited:

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
FOREURS MAKE SIGNINGS

The Foreurs have made some minor deals, signing depth players to their roster. Players, along with jersey numbers, are as following:

J-P Provencher #44
Ryan Labrie #93
Thomas Gobeil #67
Jacob Arsenault #55
Jonathan Lavoie #22
Anthony Beaulieu #34
Dominic Talbot-Tassi #13
Samuel Aquin #25
Justin Dickinson #29
Connor Donaghey #12
Kyle Haas #23
Deverick Ottereyes #24