for the goalies

Avant-Gardien

May 6, 2005
Cambridge, MA
It's a gimmick, and an obscenely-priced one at that. There's absolutely no way that decent skating is possible in those pads, they function SOLELY in the butterfly, and even at that, the fact that there's no boot actually hinders butterfly performance at the very edge of the toe, in that should a puck only partially hit the end of the toe, it's likely to simply deflect off of the toe of the pad and straight back into the net.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
It's a gimmick, and an obscenely-priced one at that. There's absolutely no way that decent skating is possible in those pads, they function SOLELY in the butterfly, and even at that, the fact that there's no boot actually hinders butterfly performance at the very edge of the toe, in that should a puck only partially hit the end of the toe, it's likely to simply deflect off of the toe of the pad and straight back into the net.

From another Huet avatar: absolutely true everything he said. Atrocious pads.

aerialis

Oct 7, 2005
toronto & pittsburgh
haha i didn't mean to insinuate i was considering them, i'm rather happy with my bauer supremes ;)

interesting concept though, i remember the blockades werent well received (too little lateral flex, thigh rises too stiff, etc etc) when they came out too

maybe some adventurous euro goalies will try them out and we'll hear about them second-hand.

RSBPC

Jan 19, 2005
Why are they illegal? They seems well protected and they don't seems to have illegal size.

As for the thread, I would try them for sure! Buy them ... hrrrr no!

Pads are required to have a boot of a certain length, not sure what it is. These pads don't meet that requirement...

kold

Mar 31, 2004
Edmonton
I believe it is 7" from the toe to the boot break is the required length. This pad has no boot break..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad