For anyone who wanted hockey back on ESPN

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
chiavsfan said:
Watch the Frozen Four, at least the BC/ND game I am watching, the picture quality is Day One OLN...it's god awful

I thought the best line was Barry Melrose saying to Thorne, who mispronounced "sporadically" as "sporodically," that "More pronunciations like that and you'll be in the truck." This was seconds after it was mentioned that BC's Chris Collins wants to join the media and would love to visit the ESPN truck after the game.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
chiavsfan said:
Watch the Frozen Four, at least the BC/ND game I am watching, the picture quality is Day One OLN...it's god awful

And ESPN's coverage is god awful, I'll hedge my bets on the bad picture

AdmiralPred

Jun 9, 2005
I didn't think the UW-Maine game was that bad - in terms of picture. I thought the interviews were junk, for example, the one with Mark Johnson was extreemly generic compared to his radio interview I listened to between periods locally with Rob Andringa(?).

I also don't mind Gary Thorn too much (a few times per season is ok), he has a decent announcing voice, but it usually too announcer-ish at times. As to Melrose's mispronunciation, I can see butchering a name repeatedly during a game or a series but a word here and there, eh I can live with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad