OT: Football Thread

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
1. 1st and 4th+ (if that’s enough for ATL) to get Odunze
2. Drop back to get a Day 2 pick and grab BPA OL Fuaga/Fashanu/Fautanu

But they never do what I want or what I think would be best so I’m ready to bet $1000 it’s Bowers.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
1. 1st and 4th+ (if that’s enough for ATL) to get Odunze
2. Drop back to get a Day 2 pick and grab BPA OL Fuaga/Fashanu/Fautanu

But they never do what I want or what I think would be best so I’m ready to bet $1000 it’s Bowers.
Bowers is fine if they use him correctly. He’s an absolute monster once he gets the ball. It’s just you have to design plays for him and move him around the line of scrimmage.

I just can’t see Hackett being smart enough to do it. They’ll line him up at TE because he’s a “TE” and get nothing of out of him because he’s not your traditional TE.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Bowers is fine if they use him correctly. He’s an absolute monster once he gets the ball. It’s just you have to design plays for him and move him around the line of scrimmage.

I just can’t see Hackett being smart enough to do it. They’ll line him up at TE because he’s a “TE” and get nothing of out of him because he’s not your traditional TE.
I don’t trust Hackett with anything and idk if he’ll be able to run wild in the NFL like he did in college. He’s not great at congested catches either, so is he going to be a reliable target over the middle?

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
I don’t trust Hackett with anything and idk if he’ll be able to run wild in the NFL like he did in college. He’s not great at congested catches either, so is he going to be a reliable target over the middle?
He’s like George Kittle with the ball in his hands. He’s gonna be fine. I think the size issues are overblown. He’s literally the same size as LaPorta, McBride, and Kincaid. This is your new NFL TE.

I read something about the contested catches thing and I can’t find it now. But it basically said those issues are fixable or not a big issue.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
The Jets should not draft a TE at 10
Having a Kelce or a Kittle would be HUGE for the development of a young QB. More than even a stud WR. The Jets have literally never had a top TE, in the modern NFL a mismatch TE is a must. I'd be all over Bowers. One year with Rodgers (or one drive before he gets injured again hehe) and then in year 2 he can become an elite safety blanket for whatever poor bastard QB the Jets draft.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Having a Kelce or a Kittle would be HUGE for the development of a young QB. More than even a stud WR. The Jets have literally never had a top TE, in the modern NFL a mismatch TE is a must. I'd be all over Bowers. One year with Rodgers (or one drive before he gets injured again hehe) and then in year 2 he can become an elite safety blanket for whatever poor bastard QB the Jets draft.
I don't see Bowers as a good fit in the current offense. I'd prefer a TE that can stretch the field and open things up for Wilson, Hall, Williams. Bowers is a quick screen and check down guy, would have been amazing for a young Zach Wilson. Not for Rodgers and Hackett.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I don't see Bowers as a good fit in the current offense. I'd prefer a TE that can stretch the field and open things up for Wilson, Hall, Williams. Bowers is a quick screen and check down guy, would have been amazing for a young Zach Wilson. Not for Rodgers and Hackett.
no pls, nt that we wouldn't LOVE to add him

our OTs are 2 old guys and some decent young holdovers. that's it.

We need to try to get as many of the 3 top Ts we can, even if we gotta surrender some premium DL to do it

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I would say worst case scenario board for the Giants breaks like

Williams
Maye
Daniels
Harrison
Nabers

I would trade with Minnesota for their two 1sts if they want McCarthy.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
There goes the Maye idea.

Not even that into it so whatever.

I was all in on Nabers but saw he had a gun issue last year. Wouldn’t be surprised if that took him off the NYG board after Baker and Toney sagas.

JJ at 6 feels likely. Think that would be a big mistake personally.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
There goes the Maye idea.

Not even that into it so whatever.

I was all in on Nabers but saw he had a gun issue last year. Wouldn’t be surprised if that took him off the NYG board after Baker and Toney sagas.

JJ at 6 feels likely. Think that would be a big mistake personally.
The remote goes through the TV if they take McCarthy. Odunze would be my pick if Nabers goes to LA. Plaxico Burress part II, hopefully without the gun issues ironically.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
The remote goes through the TV if they take McCarthy. Odunze would be my pick if Nabers goes to LA. Plaxico Burress part II, hopefully without the gun issues ironically.
im not gonna claim to be knowledgable, but michigan won games against really good teams without even throwing the ball. a lot of his highlights are bad throws downfield that the receiver made good adjustments to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad