OT: Football Thread

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
It really is a sideshow with this idiot. I think that most knew it would be bad, but I don't think people contemplated what a f***ing clown he'd be in an election year.
Oh grow up. The guy didn’t even say anything. He’s allowed to have some different opinions. He's not out hurting anyone or committing crimes. Not everyone has to fall into your political lockstep.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I just listened to the Giants call about the SF and NY Giants. Maybe the guy was trying to ask if there are ever any promotional events between the two teams that the marketing department puts together.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Oh grow up. The guy didn’t even say anything. He’s allowed to have some different opinions. He's not out hurting anyone or committing crimes. Not everyone has to fall into your political lockstep.

Saying a school shooting was a government hoax is not just having “different opinions.”

Piss off with that. This isn’t even political. That take is just flat-out not human (and was also worth $1.5B in a defamation suit).

He’s a clown and a sideshow.
Saquon is a dick. Showing his true colors. Should have known that whole nice guy persona was an act.

Him being a phony isn’t overly surprising.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Saying a school shooting was a government hoax is not just having “different opinions.”

Piss off with that. This isn’t even political. That take is just flat-out not human (and was also worth $1.5B in a defamation suit).

I know the scale isn't the same but anyone who has that "opinion" should be treated as a Holocaust denier would be.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

Link?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Wow KC is losing a guy that played great for them. Sooner later these kind of losses will add up.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Thank you. If he actually said that he should definitely apologize but Id be more comfortable if the CNN writer was not the only named source or if the CNN writer produced a audio tape of him saying it. Sadly its hard to trust 1 CNN writer nowadays after CNN has lied multiple times.

A source put their *actual* name on it. You do know that’s daring the clown to sue, right?

He won’t sue, though, because he knows discovery would bring out even more unhinged shit he’s said.

This isn’t “CNN.” This is Pamela Brown - a reporter at CNN - who put her name out there and said Rodgers told it TO her. Not she heard it second hand or from another source. Rodgers directly told it to her.

I’d almost love for him to sue since the discovery would be so wild and unhinged - and the attorney in me would love to see it.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
A source put their *actual* name on it. You do know that’s daring the clown to sue, right?

He won’t sue, though, because he knows discovery would bring out even more unhinged shit he’s said.

This isn’t “CNN.” This is Pamela Brown - a reporter at CNN - who put her name out there and said Rodgers told it TO her. Not she heard it second hand or from another source. Rodgers directly told it to her.

I’d almost love for him to sue since the discovery would be so wild and unhinged - and the attorney in me would love to see it.
Sadly I can not trust Rodgers nor CNN, nor Brown based on their word alone.

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Sadly I can not trust Rodgers nor CNN, nor Brown based on their word alone.

Pure silliness. Really nothing more to say. Let me know when Pam Brown is sued over this and how the discovery goes. :)

Maybe Pam Brown is volunteering to throw her career away for some random grudge she allegedly has against some random football player who has long dabbled in conspiracy theories. Yeah. That makes much more sense than the conspiracy theory guy believing in another conspiracy theory (he had just gotten himself into hot water with another conspiracy theory bullshit lie 2 months ago!!!).

This just shows a misunderstanding of the current defamation landscape in America and one of the main battles I have with my clients - and how much stories like this are vetted since another network's recent massive defamation settlement (I literally work on this for a living).

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
BTW, knowing what I know about how incredibly well-sourced TMZ's stories are (you'd be surprised to know that TMZ has some of the best clearance procedures on the planet). TMZ (and others) broke down Rodgers's quote and tweet:

Aaron Rodgers is attempting to clear up his position on Sandy Hook, a day after a scathing report claimed the superstar QB denied the horrific shooting ever happened, saying that's simply not true, calling it "an absolute tragedy."

. . .

Rodgers tweet seems to directly contradict the CNN story ... but not all of it. The network also reported Aaron believes, or at least did in 2013, that the shooting was an "inside job" perpetrated by the United States government.

The Jets signal-callers message does not address whether he ever claimed the shooting was an inside job.

TMZ's normal procedure for something like this is to reach out for clarification before they run a story. Being that there is no comment from the Rodgers team (and the fact he hasn't elaborated further on this after TMZ and others picked up on the disingenuous wording) . . . Well, that speaks volumes.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Pure silliness. Really nothing more to say. Let me know when Pam Brown is sued over this and how the discovery goes. :)

Maybe Pam Brown is volunteering to throw her career away for some random grudge she allegedly has against some random football player who has long dabbled in conspiracy theories. Yeah. That makes much more sense than the conspiracy theory guy believing in another conspiracy theory (he had just gotten himself into hot water with another conspiracy theory bullshit lie 2 months ago!!!).

This just shows a misunderstanding of the current defamation landscape in America and one of the main battles I have with my clients - and how much stories like this are vetted since another network's recent massive defamation settlement (I literally work on this for a living).
More than a million lies a year are told in the media that they are not sued over. That is not proof.

Can we say for 100% sure that Pam Brown has never told a lie of any kind on CNN including an exaggeration or spin? Is Brown is 100% non partisan?

You know what would help me. Can you link me to the story Pam Brown did on this when it allegedly happened 11 years ago? I think that would help me have much more faith in her word.

I repeat I am not a Rodgers fan. I find him to be a jerk. I'm not a Jets fan either. I just find it hard to "convict" someone of something like this based on 1 reporters word 11 years later. Is that unreasonable?

Reactions: bl02

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad