Confirmed with Link: Foo and Manninen sign one year deals.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Have a feeling a lot of players may not want to return to KHL thus coming season. Some because their hockey federation would bar them from international competition, others to not feather oligarchs pockets.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Having watched Manninen dominate internationally several times, I'm curious to see what he can accomplish in the NHL. If only his games translates to the smaller ice, he's gonna be a top 9 forward for you guys, quite possibly a top 6.

But at 30 years of age, and on a two-way contract (surprised he would even agree to this) I wonder how much of a chance the coaching staff will give him.

Anyway, you just signed one of the best players in Europe, one that's clearly too good to be playing on this side of the pond. But it's such an under the radar signing he doesn't even have his own thread on the main board.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Have a feeling a lot of players may not want to return to KHL thus coming season. Some because their hockey federation would bar them from international competition, others to not feather oligarchs pockets.

Some also won't go to the KHL or leaves because they can't morally stay in Russia.

Reactions: LadyStanley

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
I pity the Foo...

FB_IMG_15270489721875003.jpg

... okay, I'm done.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Pretty sure Manninen will surprise you pleasently. This guy has very good hockey-IQ and always make players around him better. Late bloomer.

Reactions: G Backup

SMJK

May 12, 2015
Holy, holy, holy Jesus ... you chaps have not seen Sakari Manninen play hockey, have you?!

Not on telly nor live.

I've seen both ... and I can't get enough. Even when he played in Örebro.

Then you are in for a bit of surprise (Las Vegas) - Manninen was the main guy for the Finland troops to win both Olympics- and Worldchampions gold for Finland.

Easy like that.

No rabbit in a hat ...

Reactions: G Backup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad