Waived: Folin on waivers (Cleared)

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
To take issue with a GM signing low end depth players to compete for the last few roster spots at absolutely no risk to the organization is ridiculous. These players do not hurt the team and their combined salaries are irrelevant due to the ton of cap space the organization has had in recent years.

Bergevin has proven to be a very proactive GM who would be universally applauded as being elite if he ran a team that free agents would actually agree to play for. Fans here whine about him not signing top UFA's but he has absolutely no control over that as they just don't want to play in Montreal. If MB was the GM of Vegas every poster on here would be referring to him as the french genius who somehow got away from us.........I guess we will just have to settle for allowing the Christian Folin's of the world to sink the organization from the press box with their tiny salary lol.

Sorry guy, David Perron and Duclair wanted to come here. MB said no, signed a bunch of grinders and left a bunch of cap space. Same with Markov and Radulov a while back - no room, but plenty of room to spend 7 million in Schlemko and Alzner and leave 8 million on the cap...

MB publicly said he had no interest in NyQuist because "he's not a fan of the player." He then proceed to sign or re-sign Weal and Ciusins and leave 6.5 million in cap space.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Sorry guy, David Perron and Duclair wanted to come here. MB said no, signed a bunch of grinders and left a bunch of cap space. Same with Markov and Radulov a while back - no room, but plenty of room to spend 7 million in Schlemko and Alzner and leave 8 million on the cap...

MB publicly said he had no interest in NyQuist because "he's not a fan of the player." He then proceed to sign or re-sign Weal and Ciusins and leave 6.5 million in cap space.
Voila!

and I'm pretty sure Domi would love to have a Nyquist instead of a Cousins/Weal/Lehkonen as LW/RW

Reactions: Roadhouse

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
To take issue with a GM signing low end depth players to compete for the last few roster spots at absolutely no risk to the organization is ridiculous. These players do not hurt the team and their combined salaries are irrelevant due to the ton of cap space the organization has had in recent years.

Bergevin has proven to be a very proactive GM who would be universally applauded as being elite if he ran a team that free agents would actually agree to play for. Fans here whine about him not signing top UFA's but he has absolutely no control over that as they just don't want to play in Montreal. If MB was the GM of Vegas every poster on here would be referring to him as the french genius who somehow got away from us.........I guess we will just have to settle for allowing the Christian Folin's of the world to sink the organization from the press box with their tiny salary lol.

Elite?

Bergevin is elite, the french genius….. and somehow we are going to miss the PO in a 4th years our of 5....worst stretch in Habs history and all of that isn't even is fault? That's a gem right here. Marc is that you?

He didn'T sign those players for the last few spots….he signed then right away even before the UFA market opened..if he had kept that money and give it in overpayment to the UFA, they would have come.

You know Jagr, Perron, Duclair, Radulov, Markov all wanted to come here….Bergevin decided otherwise. Bergevin is an elite clown.

Reactions: Roadhouse

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Voila!

and I'm pretty sure Domi would love to have a Nyquist instead of a Cousins/Weal/Lehkonen as LW/RW

Of course. Or Duclair!

I've no issue with Cousins as a 13F. But Weal is weak, and Perron or Duclair would have been far preferable.

Also why re-sign Folin so fast in June, but wait on Scandella, whom everyone knew was available? Poor evaluation, period.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

If memory serves me right, MB was offering Perron a one-year deal. It was after he had two disappointing seasons where he got traded in back-to-back seasons to Pittsburgh and Anaheim, respectively and didn't deliver the goods.

But the Blues offered him two years. So Perron took that. I think Perron himself had said this was the reason he chose St. Louis over Montreal.

And also going by memory here, MB did have conversations with Duclair's agent but he ended up going to Columbus for league minimum. I don't know if MB negotiated or just had a conversation. I know he signed a 1-way deal with the Jackets. MaybeMB was offering a 2-way?

It's obvious those were two players that MB failed to ensure they choose Montreal. But I think that was being reported at the time each of them were available.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If memory serves me right, MB was offering Perron a one-year deal. It was after he had two disappointing seasons where he got traded in back-to-back seasons to Pittsburgh and Anaheim, respectively and didn't deliver the goods.

But the Blues offered him two years. So Perron took that. I think Perron himself had said this was the reason he chose St. Louis over Montreal.

And also going by memory here, MB did have conversations with Duclair's agent but he ended up going to Columbus for league minimum. I don't know if MB negotiated or just had a conversation. I know he signed a 1-way deal with the Jackets. MaybeMB was offering a 2-way?

It's obvious those were two players that MB failed to ensure they choose Montreal. But I think that was being reported at the time each of them were available.

Duclair and MB confirmed, MB never made him an offer...

From my memory, MB snubbed Perron because of concussion concerns. While on the one hand, one can forgive him based on that reasoning. To me it was clear there would be less concussions in the NHL because of the rule changes continuously being rolled out. Anyways we know he likes grinders and under values skill. And that's ultimately what passing on Perron was about. That was at the time he went for Ott, Martinsen, and Dwight King and then snubbed Markov and Radulov only to spend 7 million in cap space on Alzner and Sclemko, and leave 8 million on the cap.

Plus Perron again became a free agent two summers ago, after a 70 point season, but a disappointing season, and all GM's in the league let St. Louis sign him for 4 million AAV - before the playoffs posters here were saying they didn't want him because he would cost 7 million. Then MB goes and let's him sign somewhere else for 4 million AAV. Coulda topped that no problem.

Then he comes out and says he wouldn't consider signing Nyquist because he's not a fan of the player - but he signed Weal and Cousins and left 6.5 million in cap space...

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

You named players coming off of a poor season who were looking to get paid more than their market value in Montreal because they knew the actual elite players would never sign there.

The anti MB nonsense on this board is pathetic as he has won most of his trades and stocked the prospect cupboard. There were growing pains and he has made some mistakes but EVERY GM makes some mistakes. Time for all of the infants on this board to dry their tears, wipe their noses and start acting like rational adults

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia