Post-Game Talk: Flyers v Never Gonna Get It

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think 3 of our guys got injured last game vs Philly due to some dirty play.

Let's see some physical presence.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think 3 of our guys got injured last game vs Philly due to some dirty play.

Let's see some physical presence.

Niskanen was kneed/Gudas
Oshie got run without the puck/Schenn
Orpik...but not sure the Flyers had anything to do with that.

Oshie with Eller and Wilson with Backstrom please...Backstrom v Giroux....Giroux hunted by Wilson.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Niskanen was kneed/Gudas
Oshie got run without the puck/Schenn
Orpik...but not sure the Flyers had anything to do with that.

Oshie with Eller and Wilson with Backstrom please...Backstrom v Giroux....Giroux hunted by Wilson.

Ovechkin also hit with that Gudas slapper at point blank range

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Haha that's a bit of a stretch.

Not that much of a stretch actually. Niskanen getting injured showed that the defense is a lot worse without him in the lineup. When asked what he wanted at the TDL, GMBM said: "Insurance". Shattenkirk is insurance for Nisky and Carlson.

It is friggin cold today. Good call.

I dig the confidence.

I think Vrana will develop faster than Burt. He doesn't have Burt's confidence issues, Vrana has a lot of swagger.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
I think Vrana will develop faster than Burt. He doesn't have Burt's confidence issues, Vrana has a lot of swagger.

He's also been getting scratched from Hershey games without a clear sense of what he's doing wrong. Confidence can go both ways with young players.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I dig the confidence.

Me too. Caps need a dose of that.

As for when 8 will finally score again, yes, i wonder same thing, but fellow Caps fans at HF Boards & RMNB helped re-orient my thinking on that topic in a more positive direction.

As long as the team is winning and advancing toward the ultimate goal, that really is the only thing that matters.

Ovie will heat up again at some point. He always does. And he is always amped up and giving full effort in playoffs. I don't worry about that.

So it just boils down to the team. Is the team winning? If yes, I am happy, regardless of how we get there.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Haha that's a bit of a stretch.

Hmm, I don't think it's a stretch at all. Neither does GMBM.

A collision between Gudas and Capitals defenseman Matt Niskanen in Wednesday’s game caused Niskanen to miss the next three games with an undisclosed “lower-body†injury. Brooks Orpik was also out of the lineup with an injury, and Washington General Manager Brian MacLellan started to consider what would happen if this were the playoffs. Niskanen and John Carlson were the team’s only right-shot defensemen, so while the team had blue-line depth, it wasn’t of the top-four variety. Until that point, MacLellan said, he didn’t think his team had any holes to fill before the trade deadline; he was content standing pat.

“You watch your team when Niskanen and Orpik are out, and it doesn’t look the same, which would make sense,†MacLellan said. “It just reinforces what an injury can do to your lineup.â

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Speaking of confidence I feel like 19 might be coming around some. First cursing out Nash for diving, then hitting Hall with an open ice hit like "what!" now if he finally punches Giroux in the face tonight that will be just fantastic going into the playoffs.

Tired of his neutral-ness. He needs dig down inside and find the next level. :crossfing

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Speaking of confidence I feel like 19 might be coming around some. First cursing out Nash for diving, then hitting Hall with an open ice hit like "what!" now if he finally punches Giroux in the face tonight that will be just fantastic going into the playoffs.

Tired of his neutral-ness. He needs dig down inside and find the next level. :crossfing

Backstrom. Next level. Playoffs.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Backstrom. Next level. Playoffs.

Dude. Its been like 8 years of neutral. Those few instances don't change **** for me. He needs to have a monster game or two in order for the Caps to take the next step.
It amazes me how everybody gets blamed for choking except him. :rolleyes:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
1. he has been called out for bad playoffs in the past.

2. he shut down Giroux and had a 3 point game. he shut down Crosby and had a 2 point game. his only nhl hat trick was in the playoffs, I think.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Odd how this thread has drifted. Well whatever.

I don't think any long-time Caps player has been immune to criticism when it comes to playoff failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad