Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Marc Staal 1 x $1.1m

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Veteran partner for zamula . Not bad money and a one year deal. Perfect deadline chip and if he's done send him down

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
1wYQz7a.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Andrae hasn’t even started his ELC yet. Frankly, while I’m not a fan of his NHL potential, I don’t find it a matter of urgency he’s not playing in the bigs.

Zamula needs to be rostered. You need to know what you have — and there are interesting skills there that need time to show. I don’t think they’re going to waive him because they have 7 defenders, but it’s possible he’s rotating with Seeler. And they have 3 butchers with the puck back there. One for each pair — as the good lord intended.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Zamula will play when healthy. Attard on the other hand, i feel like he's a 7th D until he proves it...which i don't know how he proves it without an opportunity

Reactions: renberg

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Andrae hasn’t even started his ELC yet. Frankly, while I’m not a fan of his NHL potential, I don’t find it a matter of urgency he’s not playing in the bigs.

Zamula needs to be rostered. You need to know what you have — and there are interesting skills there that need time to show. I don’t think they’re going to waive him because they have 7 defenders, but it’s possible he’s rotating with Seeler. And they have 3 butchers with the puck back there. One for each pair — as the good lord intended.
Fair enough. Maybe they do that. You can insert and younger defender in there.

The org seems infatuated with Seeler (maybe it was just Chuck) and we know sure as hell won’t be Staal. Risto plays the Torts way also. So MAYBE Seeler.

Or maybe it’s York so they can f up both players.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I'm not sure Attard is even viewed as a legit prospect anymore. He flashed a bit in his stint two years ago and didn't even get a sniff last year. Unless there's a change of heart, he's probably not here in 12 months.

Zamula will get his time because even this organization won't be dumb enough to waive him, but he's the archetype that Torts tends to bury, so I would expect him to be on a short leash all year. You know, the perfect type of approach to take with prospects on a team that's all but assured to be a lottery team this year.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Saw Briere's press conference today.

He said the other day he really meant that the Flyers were done signing that day because he didn't think anything would come of it, then an agent called him and basically said "It's not over until I say it's over" and Danny apparently was surprised this is how it worked.

Pretty fascinating if he's being honest...and dopey. Let's hope it's some strange poker face because I hope Danny does a great job.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
I'm not getting worked up about these signings. I'm trying to have some optimism, but they do make it hard. Outside of Michkov, I wasn't crazy about the draft. The should have waited on Hayes until at least FA died down. Passing on a 1st+2nd for Scoot was a mistake. Really to me, it comes down to trading him, TK, Hart, maybe Sanheim if possible. I don't expect all that to happen overnight, but they also aren't winning my trust back quickly either.

Reactions: BernieParent

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Shame they didn’t move Sanheim, a top pair of Staal-Fisto would have been epic.

lol @ this signing
but lmao @ this board's over-the-top reaction to a 1.1m 7D on a 1 year deal
never change, flyers board.
The problem we are having is we just finally got rid of Braun and we now get a Braun replacement . As I said with the Hathaway signing this does not move the needle one bit , like not one bit so why the hell do it then .

I have said on here I'm a Jets fan as well and I can sure as hell tell you that Chevy does not make stupid moves like this at all . Jets have their own issues for sure but shitty GM moves are not one of them .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad