Pre-Game Talk: Flyers @ Sens Nov. 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoymusRoyPole

May 7, 2015
Hopefully Ryan is feeling well enough tomorrow for this one to light it up against his hometown team.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Apparently we are in the bottom 5 when it comes to the pk. Last season we were in the top 15 for pk (11th).

What happened? Did losing one player (Condra) really cause this team to go from top 15 all the way to bottom 5 when it comes to the pk?

Our power play increased a bit. Last season our percentage was 16.8 percent. This season its 21.7 percent. Our pk percentage decreased from 82.9 percent to 75.8%.

We really need to improve our pk.

Last edited:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Apparently we are in the bottom 5 when it comes to the pk. Last season we were in the top 15 for pk (11th).

What happened? Did losing one player (Condra) really cause this team to go from top 15 all the way to bottom 5 when it comes to the pk?

Our power play increased a bit. Last season our percentage was 16.8 percent. This season its 21.7 percent. Our pk percentage decreased from 82.9 percent to 75.8%.

We really need to improve our pk.

Yip. It was losing Condra and Gryba. Condra and JGP were magic on the kill.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Yip. It was losing Condra and Gryba. Condra and JGP were magic on the kill.

I agree. Half of our best PK unit left. That left a massive hole that is yet to be filled.

Role players can be more important to a team than just being labelled "bottom 6/bottom pairing scrubs".

But, it's done and over with. We need to work on a solution now.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Well, its Ottawa. All underperformers from Philly gets on the board. If they start backup goalie - shoutout guaranteed. In other words, easy loss.
That was nice run. See you in a panic thread after this one :naughty:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
i agree. Half of our best pk unit left. That left a massive hole that is yet to be filled.

Role players can be more important to a team than just being labelled "bottom 6/bottom pairing scrubs".

but, it's done and over with. We need to work on a solution now.

Get.Condra.Back.

Done and done.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Well, its Ottawa. All underperformers from Philly gets on the board. If they start backup goalie - shoutout guaranteed. In other words, easy loss.
That was nice run. See you in a panic thread after this one :naughty:
WE are consistant at being inconsistant :cry:

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I agree. Half of our best PK unit left. That left a massive hole that is yet to be filled.

But, it's done and over with. We need to work on a solution now.

We have 4 SHG though.

60 pp's 13 goals. 0 shorties against.

66 pk's. 16 goals. 4 shorties for.

On special teams we have been shorthanded 6 more times then advantaged.

Overall we are a +1 goals for overall on both special teams.

I think it is basically a wash and we are just average at most things as a team. It early too, so statistically we are unlikely to stay as poor as 75.8 pct pk over a longer sample size.

I think we miss Condra a bit on the PK...now... But that it is not too big a deal and later this season we won't really miss him much at all.

Not something I worry about for this team. I worry most about the defence past the top pairing. Mostly because they can't play the puck out of the defensive end well. Everytime I see Wideman I want to see him play more....

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Hopefully the emotion they played with carries to this game as well.

Was really fun to watch the last game with how much they visibly showed their emotions on the ice.

Always love watching an Ottawa-Philly game

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Ottawa Senators ‏@Senators 38m38 minutes ago
"We'll have a discussion tonight before the game... But the plan is to play." - Bobby Ryan

Ottawa Senators ‏@Senators 12m12 minutes ago
#Sens Head Coach Dave Cameron say Cowen will return to the lineup for Wiercioch. No other lineup changes.

Last edited:

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
What's with all this Prince scratching?

Did he do something to anger Cameron?

It's not like Puempel has been playing much better than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille