Pre-Game Talk: Flyers @ Sens 10/10 7:30

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Not a bad call against the Flyers
Plus, the Flyers will be on a back to back so maybe the Ceci/Boro pairing will actually work

Problem is that Boucher said he wants to use Boro - Ceci for home games.

That has a lot of people concerned. That pairing just doesn't work.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Year in year out one thing remains the same, Flyers goaltending is in shambles. Is Pickard getting the start?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Year in year out one thing remains the same, Flyers goaltending is in shambles. Is Pickard getting the start?

Pretty sure he is, and they left Elliot in last nights game, when is was all but a forgone conclusion .... they probably arrived, after midnight, in Ottawa so better to start the rested (backup) goaltender for tonight game.

FYI

In case you've not heard, NHL Center Ice is currently in "Free Previews" now ...... watched a bit of the Sharks @ Flyers last night.

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Well... If you had a deeper team with more skill players in your top-9 who are able to eat those extra minutes, then maybe that makes some sense?

On our team, though? :dunno:
I see no way it makes sense :laugh:

"Instead of trying to come back or win with 25 minutes left, we are not going to play you and then have you out there for the last 2 minutes to try and get us a win"

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

"Instead of trying to come back or win with 25 minutes left, we are not going to play you and then have you out there for the last 2 minutes to try and get us a win"

Boucher over thinking things again... Also I get the "trying to see what he has" but in G1 we saw some chemistry with the lines. I would think that is one thing you should be looking for. Instead in the blender where players are trying to figure out how to play with each other again. I mean does Dallas .. frig with Sequin Benn Radulov just to see if there is some other combination that works better than something that is working well.. With this team if latch on to something that works a little you should go back to it to build it vs change it imo.

Reactions: Multigrain

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
White, Formenton, Tkachuk...
While the wish of Dorion may be to get younger and faster and more tenacious.. and these guys can bring all those things.. I think Boucher is having trouble balancing the rebuild / youth movement mentality with his beliefs. Hence Smith is our #2C and we have an all vet line. To me if he wants to see what he has and make decisions on these guys .. you have to play them meaningful minutes in all situations. While all 3 players can play in the NHL with some degree of success. IMO with this coach, they should all go play at a lower level and get quality ice time, in an environment where they can continue to develop at a more rapid pace. They all need time to get stronger White is better off in Belleville. Formenton is better off in London... Tkachuk is better off in London. Formenton and Tkachuk can work on their skills to a much greater degree.. White as well ,.. but I really think White should have been left with Stone for at least another game or two. Maybe playing with Chlapik and Balcer will be good for him as well.

Reactions: Vprime

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Heh, I did say "maybe" :laugh:

It's a bad gameplan, it just makes even less sense on our team than it would a good one, I suppose was my main point.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Anyone know what the ticket situation is looking like tonight?

Announced attendance at the heavily papered home opener vs Chicago was 15,858. Chances we get to that number vs Gritty & Co tonight?

Last edited:

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Sens need to survive the inevitable first period onslaught by Philadelphia after they were humiliated last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad