Dreger: Flyers Receiving Interest In James van Riemsdyk

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
JVR is still a really good hockey player. He might not be the most aggressive player without the puck. But he isn't easy to play against, and does a good job causing a scene in the opposing crease. He's a player I still notice when watching the Flyers, just by making some noise around the net.

I don't know if he's worth a 2nd round pick. But I'd be pretty happy if my team found a way to add him for a 3rd.
+1

As a Leaf fan, I'd be pretty happy with this as well.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
+1

As a Leaf fan, I'd be pretty happy with this as well.
So would I. Bring in JVR and Knies, gives us some more size and skill on the 3rd line. 3 way trade, send Kerfoot to a contender out West, they give a pick to Philly, Leafs get JVR. No idea if this would work with the cap.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
So would I. Bring in JVR and Knies, gives us some more size and skill on the 3rd line. 3 way trade, send Kerfoot to a contender out West, they give a pick to Philly, Leafs get JVR. No idea if this would work with the cap.
I still like the idea of ROR driving the 3rd line so I would try slotting JVR into the top 6. And I'll let others worry about the cap. ;)

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
Vegas has plenty of cap space which may not be available next season. This makes them an ideal suitor for a pricier rental such as JVR or Toews.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No question in my mind that Fletcher is trading JVR with retention for Greenway.

It will be about the 17th former Wild player he has acquired or hired. The lazy f***.
Well, MN has plenty of cap space, this year, so I don’t know if retention would be necessary on an expiring contract.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I gotta think JVR is worth less than Niederraiter. Maybe a 3rd if cap is taken?
I am beginning to think you are right. I thought that JVR should be able to bring in a second rounder, but I don't think even a good GM could do that now. So Fletcher definitely can't do that.

I would trade JVR plus a 3rd rounder for a second. Fletcher will trade JVR plus a 2nd for a 3rd though.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
He's not the big power forward a playoff team would want, but he is still a big guy who can score some goals. If the acquisition price is right, i could definitely see him being a useful add for a playoff team that has more cap space than assets to burn. Or if there's a team with some bad cap to unload back the other way to make it work.

Carolina, Dallas, Calgary would all make sense to me. They could all use some extra scoring oomph. Even the Jets could double-up on deadline scoring help even though they went out and got Nino. For some reason, i feel like he'd end up going off if they found a way to get him to Edmonton. I could see him really clicking with Draisaitl.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
He's not the big power forward a playoff team would want, but he is still a big guy who can score some goals. If the acquisition price is right, i could definitely see him being a useful add for a playoff team that has more cap space than assets to burn. Or if there's a team with some bad cap to unload back the other way to make it work.

Carolina, Dallas, Calgary would all make sense to me. They could all use some extra scoring oomph. Even the Jets could double-up on deadline scoring help even though they went out and got Nino. For some reason, i feel like he'd end up going off if they found a way to get him to Edmonton. I could see him really clicking with Draisaitl.

JVR doesn't really go off with anyone. He doesn't develop much chemistry. He just kinda does his one thing and makes generally good offensive zone plays sometimes to pad out the assists. He'd have more goals this year if the Flyers didn't have the worst PP in the league. He doesn't play with speed. Don't think he's at all a fit in Edmonton.

The ex-Flyer who would go the f*** off on the Oilers would be Gostisbehere. They get him he's going PPG on a Cup run.

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad