Flyers fan..Coming in peace!

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Hey, HFAvs! Im going to be in town from the 14th-21st for work, and wouldnt mind checking out a game while im there. Looks like they are playing the Lightning and Pens during that time frame, so it should be a good game.

My problem is - due to the nature of work, i can't really pre-purchase tickets, i may end up having to work late on a day, etc. what's the availability like for game-day tickets? Is something like Stubhub an option, or is there an exorbitant mark up?

Also - any recommendations for your best breweries would be much appreciated as well! :cheers:

Thanks in advance!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Use Flashseats... it is the better method for Avs games. If you wait until right before the game, you can usually score some really good deals. The last time I did, I got 16 rows up from the corner for $33 a ticket. If you're fine with upper level, $10-15 can be had.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah, FlashSeats is an app you can download for your phone, you can buy the tickets straight from there and have them delivered right to your phone and they scan it at the game. The Pepsi center is right in Lower Downtown so there are tons of breweries/bars/clubs within just a few miles of it, although I live up north in Boulder so I'm not too familiar with the area.

Reactions: Starat327

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Flyers succeeded tonight where this dog failed

giphy.gif

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The Flyers succeeded tonight where this dog failed

giphy.gif

We shouldn't be this bad. It's embarrassing really. We have excellent 5v5 numbers for the first time in forever. Our PK is just utterly abysmal. We need to fire Lappy and replace him with a competent PK assistant coach, it would do wonders for our team.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
We shouldn't be this bad. It's embarrassing really. We have excellent 5v5 numbers for the first time in forever. Our PK is just utterly abysmal. We need to fire Lappy and replace him with a competent PK assistant coach, it would do wonders for our team.

Oh, man...we love Lappy around these parts, we'd be sad to see him fired. Does anyone here remember if he did much on the penalty kill as a player? I assume he did but I'm not sure.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Oh, man...we love Lappy around these parts, we'd be sad to see him fired. Does anyone here remember if he did much on the penalty kill as a player? I assume he did but I'm not sure.

He was great as a player here on the PK too. Unfortunately, its one of those weird scenarios where hes good at it, b ut cant get it to work. We've been in the bottom of the league for PK since he took over.

Loved him as a player too. Never forget the puck he took to the face in 2010. Dude is a complete warrior. But something isnt working.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You probably picked the game of the year to attend as a neutral fan.

That was some crazy hockey.

Watching 3 goals in like 5 minutes or less was a little insane. But to see the comeback like that was intense. Definitely got Some players with some heart out there.

That EJ hit seemed a little silly.. would have liked to have seen the game if he was in the whole thing.

Also I heard them mention that you've been playing 11F and 7D.. what's the rationale?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Watching 3 goals in like 5 minutes or less was a little insane. But to see the comeback like that was intense. Definitely got Some players with some heart out there.

That EJ hit seemed a little silly.. would have liked to have seen the game if he was in the whole thing.

Also I heard them mention that you've been playing 11F and 7D.. what's the rationale?
Bednar apparently thinks he's a secret genius or something playing 7D. It's even worse because we have a winger prospect in the AHL playing very well who could help bring us to 12F. But Bednar loves Barberio and won't scratch him, so 7D it is.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Bednar apparently thinks he's a secret genius or something playing 7D. It's even worse because we have a winger prospect in the AHL playing very well who could help bring us to 12F. But Bednar loves Barberio and won't scratch him, so 7D it is.

Got it. As someone who watched Gostisbehere be benched last year due to "not follwing coaches orders", i can understand the frustration.

Should have mentioned this yesterday, but it slipped my mind ( i blame your beautiful Colorado craft beer scene), the Star Wars night costume reveal with the Navy officer was easily the classiest thing (i know, i know, Philadelphia, etc) i have ever seen by an organization. Kudos to you guys.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad