GDT: Flyers at Wings, January 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Let's make things extra spicy and suppose there are multiple scouts from Vancouver at the game.
#SpeculationSeason

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Wings should win. At least on paper they should.
1st game after the road trip is a scheduled loss. If we can somehow pull a 4-3 win in OT we should be lucky and happy.
The flyers have been red hot, I think they were 7-3 in their last 10. Now their record is a bit weaker than 7-3, but they are ready to play and will bring their A game. If we weather the storm 1st 10-15 min we have a chance. But if we do not bring our A game, this can quickly turn out into the jacket game part 2. 1st period vs jackets was maybe the worst period the team has played last 5 years. We were very lucky it wasn't 6-0 for the jackets in only 1 period.
Anyhow, I think the team played their best game this season vs Vegas 2 nights ago. That looked real promising. I hope the coach gets the team ready to play. This game will be a very hard battle. But I am optimistic, we can win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulysses31

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
OK, radical idea here. Hear me out. We grab Torts before the game, convince him the best way to motivate his team is to put HIM in the WINGS' goal.

Heh? Hehhhhhh?
True that he'll stop every puck they shoot...with his face.

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
Looks like Bert is not skating again, lower body injury in the Vegas game, sat out the 3rd period.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Nice litmus test of a game. Big game for both the tank and contender teams. Philly is one spot behind us in the standings.

Reactions: lilidk

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Seems the worse the opponent, the worse the Wings play. Now Philly isn't horrible, they play hard and still have a few players that can make a real impact, but why do the Wings only raise their game against playoff teams?

Anyways, let's see a good effort and get a win out there.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Seems the worse the opponent, the worse the Wings play. Now Philly isn't horrible, they play hard and still have a few players that can make a real impact, but why do the Wings only raise their game against playoff teams?

Anyways, let's see a good effort and get a win out there.
One can also wonder why the devils are so fantastic on the road 18-2-1, but just average at home.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Guy has literally done everything possible to make the perfect storm for a team friendly deal or to hit free agency.

I think the only thing that makes sense is a new contract. He likely doesn’t have the value he should for a trade. No need to sell low.

We all know what he has been and will be. No way he gets top dollar after this year. He may want a short deal because of it but it will be at discount. We either get good value on his next contract or more value on a trade.

But I can’t see him being traded this year.

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
Guy has literally done everything possible to make the perfect storm for a team friendly deal or to hit free agency.
Kinda hard to blame the guy for injuries, don't you think?
Bad luck maybe.
He'll still get paid, he scored 30 last season.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Remember when The Legion of Doom line and the Flyers was supposed to sweep the underachieving Red Wings en route to a Stanley Cup. Hahaha good times that was.
That team was all about first line + good second line center, Red Wings was all star team, money was not a problem for Holland. AVS only team competed with Red Wings

Reactions: The Flying Octopus

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
That team was all about first line + good second line center, Red Wings was all star team, money was not a problem for Holland. AVS only team competed with Red Wings
I wouldn’t go as far as all star team but the Wings that year had 4 lines that could roll w a great defense. The hit vlad put on Hawerchuck, I’ll never forget.

Reactions: lilidk

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
77086D55-1365-481B-AAC5-0CCB99050850.png

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad