Post-Game Talk: Flyers 4, Jets 3 OT (Read mod warning in OP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Dude you really need to come off it. You come off as childish. Its not where you want to be on a forum.

We are struggling this year. We can still make the playoffs. We have the top two players in the NHL. We have an outstanding prospect pool. One potentialy non playoff year is ok. Enjoy your 34 game of success. It should not make you feel intitled. Stop derailing my honest attempts at discussion. It's embrrasong

You're on our board.
You may have noticed that I am the OFFICIAL Team Jester.
Its a role I take very seriously.
I will poke fun at your ridiculous claims. I will mock you for your unsupported statements.
I will do so with honour and pride, as it is my sworn duty as Team Jester to make you feel foolish.
If you do not like, or cannot take the thrash of my jesting, I would advice you to move along.
But I am a hacksaw of childish barbs, and currently you're the waterlogged lumber I'm directed at.

And if anything is embarrasong, its you.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
They've already been locked out of the playoff running.
At this point they aren't even on the property of the door they need to knock on to ask if they can come in.
The Oilers and them can stare longingly at the house from the street trying to get warmth from their matchsticks.

We are 6 points out with 48 games left. Two reg losses in the last 10. Long shot but not locked out

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
How about this to end it. I will track the jets more closely for the second half. See how buff does. See how the jets do. Afterwards we can have another discussion

Fair enough.

I feel like there needs to be an avatar bet in here somewhere...

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Dude you really need to come off it. You come off as childish. Its not where you want to be on a forum.

We are struggling this year. We can still make the playoffs. We have the top two players in the NHL. We have an outstanding prospect pool. One potentialy non playoff year is ok. Enjoy your 34 game of success. It should not make you feel intitled. Stop derailing my honest attempts at discussion. It's embrrasong

You're not trying to discuss anything so don't pretend to be doing that, stop playing innocent when you're just trying to stir up stuff on this thread which is the Winnipeg Jets thread. You come on here with your initial post slamming a Jets player and don't expect backlash. Really who is childish here?

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
You're on our board.
You may have noticed that I am the OFFICIAL Team Jester.
Its a role I take very seriously.
I will poke fun at your ridiculous claims. I will mock you for your unsupported statements.
I will do so with honour and pride, as it is my sworn duty as Team Jester to make you feel foolish.
If you do not like, or cannot take the thrash of my jesting, I would advice you to move along.
But I am a hacksaw of childish barbs, and currently you're the waterlogged lumber I'm directed at.

And if anything is embarrasong, its you.

Haha official team jester. Typo jokes. My my my

Derfel*

Something tells me we won't be hearing from any Flyers fans in 10 more games or so.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Don't know why I try... It's not waffling it's further elucidating. Don't know why I try having a conversation here. I like to talk with other teams fans. It goes well as a discussion. You guys are little bitter maybe from all the losing.

Enjoy your 34 game of success.

It's beginning to look a lot like hypocrisy,
dumdumdumdum,
everywhere you go,
take a look at what you write
It look mostly like spite
Pots calling kettles black and sooooo

I love Christmas music.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Oh no you di'int!
Now the Team Dunderhead is here!!!!

Anyways, it was disappointing to lose a game with reasonable should have lost.
But so far our most agonizing defeats this year have resulted in us still getting a point (last night and the Colorado game)
Thats progress.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Haha there is no way I have time to care about the jets that much. I'm glad he has held things together. You guys just may nj devil your way to the playoffs with ot losses. A lot of players would distinguish themselves when you have a drop in talent like that.

The Flyers also have a pretty good record recently when not losing in regulation is looked at. Anyway this has gone way further than I cared about.

...it's hard enough to take uninformed opinions from fans of teams that are actually good, but this sort of condescending pap from a fan of the present-day Flyers is a bit irritating. Good luck with Berube, Holmgren and Hextall and the rest of the Flyers' "braintrust". They have the Flyers in cap hell with great contracts like Umberger, LeCavalier and MacDonald.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
...go look at the OP :P

I think its the same warning as on this page.
Either way, its OT, just know I'm on to all of you!
Jerks.

OK, you figured us out. It is a code. Every time someone says Pavelec ***** it is actually directed at you. :) :laugh:

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
OK, you figured us out. It is a code. Every time someone says Pavelec ***** it is actually directed at you.

That actually stings, but only because clearly you went back like 6 pages or something to make that joke!

Makes sense that Pavelecs resurgence coincided with my absence from the board...
During that time there was very little Pavs bashing...

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
...it's hard enough to take uninformed opinions from fans of teams that are actually good, but this sort of condescending pap from a fan of the present-day Flyers is a bit irritating. Good luck with Berube, Holmgren and Hextall and the rest of the Flyers' "braintrust". They have the Flyers in cap hell with great contracts like Umberger, LeCavalier and MacDonald.

Aside from hextall and intily homer non of us wanted those guys around. Hextall is already on a better path.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I'm kinda sad that after slagging of the Flyers all day I have to cheer for them tomorrow night.
Maybe the Wild will agree to a contact free game so the Flyer fanbase doesn't get mad when someone touches one of their players.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
dumdumdumdum,
everywhere you go,

I love Christmas music.

Dashing to Jets boards
Looking for some fights
I think I'll pick on Buff
He blew my Cap' away!

Truth is our team sucks
No defence or depth
But everytime we win a game
I'll waste my ****ing breath

Oh! Jingle Bells, Flyers smell, but Pavelec laid an egg
A few quick steals, got them on their heels, they gave the points away
Hey!

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Hey man Im game. Haven't chaned my avatar for some time now haha.

Not sure how we can design it around buff. Could be around the teams.

Here on out who has the better record to end the year?

You're on.

You pick my avy for the rest of April if the Flyers finish with a better record, I pick yours if the Jets finish with a better record. :nod:

Dashing to Jets boards
Looking for some fights
He blew my Cap' away!

Truth is our team sucks
No defence or depth

Hey!

This. This is beautiful.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Honestly how can you not be pissed at buff after that game...but I really wasn't trying to do anything like that. Look at my posts. I'm really not angry

I dunno...I'm pretty happy with how he crushed Flyers all over the ice and made Philly fans lose their ****.... :laugh:

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
dumdumdumdum,
everywhere you go,

I love Christmas music.

OH NO ITS TEAM DUNDERHEAD!

THEY HAVE THE ROMANG AWARD WINNER!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10877-1377467844-12.gif

RUN AWAAAAAAY

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Dashing to Jets boards
Looking for some fights
He blew my Cap' away!

Truth is our team sucks
No defence or depth

Hey!

Beautiful :handclap:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Seemed to me like it was both a physical and mental break down in the 3rd. They had great 1st and 2nd periods and didn't leave enough in the tank to combat the opponents surge in the third. Like a race horse, they would have had to keep some in the tank for the home stretch. *?**&* happens. Great game overall considering their injuries:handclap: on D.

And the team in the 6th period of a b2b had more in the tank than they did? I sure hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad