Pre-Game Talk: Florida-Winnipeg 20 Dec 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers607

Florida Panthers ‏@FlaPanthers

#FlaPanthers fans doing some cleaning this AM may want to leave the brooms out to cheer on the Cats tonight as they try to sweep Canada 4-0!

Is Marky starting?

Will the Killer B's continue to deliver?

Can the Versteeg trade look even better after this game?

Are wind shields in Winnipeg frozen this morning?

Who knows but let's keep the streak alive :yo:

Winnipeg-Jets-vs-Florida-Panthers-NHL-Matchup-jpg.jpg

CanIEatAfter8pm.jpg

images

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
The Canadian Conquest Tour rolls on!

Just play hard and no injuries. All I ask from the boys.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Every game I'm wondering "is this the game where the magic ends, 'cause this can't last" :laugh: but I'm sure hoping it does.:yo:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Every game I'm wondering "is this the game where the magic ends, 'cause this can't last" :laugh: but I'm sure hoping it does.:yo:

Going by our play lately, you would think that tonight's game is one we should win, but how many times have we said that in the past, only to get plastered. Im just happy that we have had a successful road trip, and regardless of the wins and loses, I would be happy if they played like this the rest of the season.

GernBlanston

May 20, 2011
Smyrna, GA
Going by our play lately, you would think that tonight's game is one we should win, but how many times have we said that in the past, only to get plastered. Im just happy that we have had a successful road trip, and regardless of the wins and loses, I would be happy if they played like this the rest of the season.

Bingo. I think we likely dug ourselves in too deep a hole in the first 20% of the season... I'm not saying that a playoff spot is impossible, but as long as we keep playing with this kind of effort and intensity, and (please, for the love of all that is holy) our special teams continue to improve, I'm going to be happy with watching these guys play. Those first 16+ games were just SO painful, that I'm just ecstatic that I can even SAY that. :)

Playoffs would be nice, of course. But baby steps and whatnot.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
If they can get any points out of this game I'll be really impressed. End of the road trip, back to back game against a team that has had couple of days off. Not to mention the Pegs lost their last game against Buffalo and are probably pretty fired up in front of their home crowd.

IMO the toughest game of the trip coming up, hopefully they can still find their legs.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Huberdeau and Bjugstad need to step it up tonight. Both had decent chances against Ottawa. Huberdeau had a couple opportunities in the slot with no interference. Missed 'em both. H + B need to contribute tonight.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Gotta love how after that Ottawa win TSN has no big articles of it up etc like our wins against Leafs and Montreal the lowly Panthers won them

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Gotta love how after that Ottawa win TSN has no big articles of it up etc like our wins against Leafs and Montreal the lowly Panthers won them

Like I said, Ottawa doesn't garner as much interest and respect in Canada as the other teams do. Not to mention that those other teams are doing much better this year.

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
I Hope they will come out fired up from how they played in the 3rd period last night.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
If we can sweep Canada on this trip and then HBO, this will go down as one of the best seasons in panthers history.

I still think panthers have a chance to make the playoffs. As long as we keep outplaying the leafs and senz I can see us in a playoff spot this time next month.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I know everyone has been saying this but it can't be stressed enough. These kids are having a lot of fun winning. They are finally learning what a winning atmosphere is like. We have said all year that these kids need to grow up in an atmosphere like this and if everyone keeps up the play that is exactly what is going to continue for the rest of the season. This is what could determine these kids' future and take their careers in a different direction than that of Horton, Weiss, etc. They are learning how to win at a young age.

panthersfan751

Jan 16, 2010
If we can sweep Canada on this trip and then HBO, this will go down as one of the best seasons in panthers history.

I still think panthers have a chance to make the playoffs. As long as we keep outplaying the leafs and senz I can see us in a playoff spot this time next month.

Playoffs are definitely still reachable. According to Sportsclubstats, going 25-15-6 the rest of the way gives the team a realistic shot at the playoffs.

For comparison, the 2007-08 Capitals fired their coach after a 6-14-1 start, hired Bruce Boudreau, and went 37-17-7 for the rest of the year (including winning 11 of their last 12 games) to win the Southeast division.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
We win tonight and the rangers and devils lose, only Toronto is in front of us in the wild card standings with so much season yet to be played. If this happens then we are definetely are in the playoff picture and we should do whatever is necessary to get us there if we have to. You know Toronto, Detroit, Rangers and Devils with there fan bases and will be forced to make trades to better there teams, why not us when we are in this same group? It's funny because a few weeks ago we were looking to unload everyone, now we can start looking to pick up someone else's best player from a lowly team that used to be us!

hockey dude

Aug 26, 2011
If the other fanbases' reactions are an indicator, I think the very fabric of Canadian society will be at stake. It may be the end of Canada as we know it :sarcasm:

Haha and I'm from Canada. Sure would be nice to get a bit more respect from the TSN boys etc. and maybe a few more Florida games televised nationally up here. New TV deal next year, maybe!

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
We are fortunate that so much of the East is struggling. Most years, we'd definitely be out of it.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
We win tonight and the rangers and devils lose, only Toronto is in front of us in the wild card standings with so much season yet to be played.

Looks like this year the the wildcard spots will only be available for teams in the Atlantic. Metro sucks so bad that every team except Pittsburgh will probably make the playoffs only if they finish top three in that division. Therefore it doesn't really affect the Panthers how teams like rangers, devils or carolina play.

By losing Toronto and Detroit are the only ones that can help the Panthers in the standings. And I´d say Detroit is going to go on a roll soon when they get Z back, so basically just Toronto.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
You're gonna drive yourself crazy if you watch the standings now. We just need to win games and get points. As many as possible to get back in this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad