Pre-Game Talk: Florida-Tampa Bay 23 Dec 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I got a couple tickets up in the 300's for pretty cheap couple weeks ago.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
@rinkside: #FlaPanthers calling up @sarampage Alex Petrovic today -- he's got a stall set up here in the locker room.

Oh my!

Rats96Yo

Oct 17, 2006
Coral Springs
I'll be there! GO CATS GO! Ride Clemmer til TT he's 100%! What D gets scratched? Gilbert? We were shoved around alot last game, maybe they want to address that in this potentially rough rivalry game. Seems like it will be a packed house tonight too.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Apparently Petro is in Gudbransons locker room stall. Gilbert and Gudbranson were apparently not at practice yesterday. Today's skate was optional and Horachek said Upshall and Kulikov opted to rest.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
I would scratch Weaver. He's not been too good lately.
Gilbert on the other hand has been very steady. I hope Gudbranson is ok.

Imagine saying Gilbert is better than Weaver a few months ago, crazy. Weaver may have struggled recently but in general Weaver's been one of the best defensemen on this team. At this point, none of them deserve to sit unless they're not healthy. Even Gilbert, who drove me crazy at the start of the season. I think Horachek has fixed his issues so far.

The loss to Winnipeg wasn't simply on a certain D or anything, there were a lot of factors, fatigue being one no matter how badly it shouldn't be an excuse.

I'm very curious as to what Petro is doing up.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I would scratch Weaver. He's not been too good lately.
Gilbert on the other hand has been very steady. I hope Gudbranson is ok.

Weaver is a defensive defenseman and will always be valuable to a team like the Panthers who aren't a (consistently) high-scoring team. He blocks all sorts of shots and that's huge.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Beating the Lightning always feels better than beating most of the other teams. However, they're 5-0-1 I believe in their last six at the BB&T Center, so it would be nice to get back on the winning side against them down here again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad