Post-Series Talk: Florida Panthers defeat the Boston Bruins 4-2, advance to ECF

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Boring series. The Leafs would have put up a bigger fight.

85914D06-3F02-48FE-AB21-824376D87002.gif

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
David Pastrnak is the Bruins best forward but I can’t really say he had a game where I was like “He’s the best player out there” - I just don’t think you can win with a guy like that.

When the game gets tough, physical and nasty he crumbles.

Nobody ready to have the conversation about Pastrnak being Huberdeau who is better at shooting instead of better at passing, but it do be that way.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Swayman was great without him this series was a sweep.
He was great these playoffs no doubt, but tonight, I thought he could have been better. Rebound control was not good on the Forsling goal with the game on the verge of OT. The Lundell goal 50-50 should have had that 1 too.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
David Pastrnak is the Bruins best forward but I can’t really say he had a game where I was like “He’s the best player out there” - I just don’t think you can win with a guy like that.

When the game gets tough, physical and nasty he crumbles.
His playoff stats early in his career were very good. What happened?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Congrats to Florida, clearly the better roster. Zito has done some nice work there. Forsling was outstanding in the 6th game and the Barkov line just cycled at will this series.

Couple good games in this series but thought it was largely a lot of dump it in dump it out circle the wagons BS. Not as much emotion as I expected from either team. Bruins simply do not have the talent needed up the middle anymore but I liked what I saw from some of the young guys. McAvoy, Pasta, Swayman, and Marchand needed to carry them and really only Sway was at his best this series.

Reactions: Givememoneyback

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
The pressure on Pasternak is just to much. Boston is a regular season team that plays hard and can win with the goaltending and D. But in the playoffs, you need to have an edge in scorers. Posted from the get-go Boston just doesn't have enough offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad