Apr 6, 2017
Good series and the better team won.

Boston was impressive enough to get it to 6 games with positives emerging:

1. Swayman
2. Lohrei
3. Beecher
4. Brazeau

All getting valuable experience.

Now the Bruins actually need to get a 1st and 2nd line C this summer as I am shocked the 3 3rd line C and a 4th liner took them this far.
They going to need to beef up their d core as well.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
This was not supposed to be Boston's year. Overachieved in the playoffs thanks to Swayman. Once they get better top 6 centers they are going to be a serious threat.

Reactions: IdleTraveller

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Before this gets flooded with Leafs and Canucks fans.

Good series Florida fans. Y’all have lots of reasonable and fun fans to chat with during the series and you have a good team.

That being said…

I hope these teams play again next year after the Bruins get a chance to spend some $$ up the middle and we kick your ass!
Great series Broons.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Anyday Boston is eliminated is a good day.
Why? It was a great series played by 2 teams that play the game the right way. There has to be one winner in this series, wish they could play another 7 game series. This was fun to watch, and if you are a true hockey fan you love to watch either of these teams play.

Reactions: Two4Fighting

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Congrats to the Panthers fans in here. Clearly the better team won here.

Poor Swayman though. He’s the only reason this went 6. Bruins had no offense.
As much as I hate to say it, the Bruins will probably still be good for the foreseeable future. With Swayman maturing even further, Lohrei and other youngsters like Beecher gaining more experience, and probably signing Lindholm in the summer, the Bruins will still hang around as a playoff team, and will always be a threat with a potentially hot Swayman in net. Good series, I originally said Panthers in 6 and that's how it turned out. Bruins always hang around with their structured game .

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
So I assume some major changes coming to Boston?
Why? Lol
They free up massive cap space for next season all while greatly overachieving from pre Season expectations

They were never going to go far with Geekie as their #1C come playoffs

So I assume some major changes coming to Boston?
Why? Lol
They free up massive cap space for next season all while greatly overachieving from pre Season expectations

They were never going to go far with Geekie as their #1C come playoffs

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
Easily the most insufferable team in the league but it’s by design so well done to them I guess. They have a real good shot of taking down the Rangers but they need to limit the minutes Ekblad is playing, man is cooked
He was absolutely horrible all series.
Can’t wait until he’s gone.

Reactions: Givememoneyback

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
crying-marchand.gif

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm not even that mad, I think I got all the anger out of my system on Sunday

Bruins had nothing left and the lack of center depth liked them. Swayman having a world class playoff run and ending on a total softie is classic Bruins. Pulled a Tuukka.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad