Pre-Game Talk: Florida Panthers at Washington Capitals - 2/9/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEkbombIsReal

Paaaaaanthers
Aug 19, 2011
Gothenburg
Looking forward to the game actually. Should be an interesting one. The last game was tons of fun watching. I hope the Hubby/Shore/Mueller line will get a chance together again. They have a great chemistry and I believe Dineen put those 3 together after a period last game.

Erick*

Anything but a win is a massive, massive failure.

I feel like this team could beat any team in the NHL and, at the same time, lose to any team in the NHL.

I want to be this confident, but I don't know if I should be. :laugh:

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I feel like this team could beat any team in the NHL and, at the same time, lose to any team in the NHL.

Lol I feel the same.

For some reason, I always feel uneasy playing against a team that has been struggling. Always feels like we are the team that they end up waking up against and play hard. Hopefully we can at least get 3 of 4 points in these coming games.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Heres hoping for a Kovalev scratch again. No need to mess with the lineup after last game. Its a "what have you done for me lately" kinda season right now.

Heres hoping Versteeg will wake up and smell the roses before he finds himself in the pressbox for a game.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Heres hoping for a Kovalev scratch again. No need to mess with the lineup after last game. Its a "what have you done for me lately" kinda season right now.

Heres hoping Versteeg will wake up and smell the roses before he finds himself in the pressbox for a game.

Agree. Dinnen should move Versteeg down a line if he's going to keep playing like a Kovalev impersonator.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I'd be completely fine with Kovalev staying scratched for the rest of the season. We all know that won't happen though.

King Panther

ElGrandeDbagSupreme
Feb 28, 2010
Fullerton, CA
anyone know why the Caps are sucking so much? I know they lost semen and vokoun, but that doesn't add up to the complete suckitude theyre experiencing in my book.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
anyone know why the Caps are sucking so much? I know they lost semen and vokoun, but that doesn't add up to the complete suckitude theyre experiencing in my book.

New coach. Hunter took them to a new level, defensively, that the Caps haven't been to in a while.

No complaints here. Caps suck, and the hometown London Knights are the cream of the crop :D

p9ers

May 11, 2011
Toronto

It's not really confidence, the Panthers are a better team right now and they should beat these teams.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'd be completely fine with Kovalev staying scratched for the rest of the season. We all know that won't happen though.

I'm hoping Kovalev can get 15-20 points for us even if he only plays 25-30 games and Tallon swindles a team into a 4th round pick for him. We all knew the risks with AK and I feel if he plays it should be on a line with Goc and Kopecky to limit odd man rushes.

He is useful on the PP but I understand the frustration with his laziness and lack of backcheck. Dineen knows he's not going to bust his back for this team with one year left in his career. Skille won't be scratched but I could possibly see Parros with the night off and Kovalev taking his spot.

Kovalev - 9GP - 4PTS @ $1.5million
Ovechkin - 11GP - 7PTS @ $9.5million

Erick*

If we stay in contention and Washington continues to struggle, I wonder if they'd consider trading Backstrom. I'd love to have him.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
If we stay in contention and Washington continues to struggle, I wonder if they'd consider trading Backstrom. I'd love to have him.

At what price? They'd want our first and probably Bjugstad as the main pieces. Possibly something else? I guess if we got him we could trade Weiss for a first somewhere but if we're in contention we prob don't do that.

Erick*

At what price? They'd want our first and probably Bjugstad as the main pieces. Possibly something else? I guess if we got him we could trade Weiss for a first somewhere but if we're in contention we prob don't do that.

I wouldn't give up a first + Bjugstad but I would give up a first + more.

Imagine having Backstrom, Weiss, Shore, and Goc as our centers. We'd be pretty legit.

It would probably take an overpayment though especially since they're in the same division. :(

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I wouldn't give up a first + Bjugstad but I would give up a first + more.

Imagine having Backstrom, Weiss, Shore, and Goc as our centers. We'd be pretty legit.

It would probably take an overpayment though especially since they're in the same division. :(

We'd be unreal down the middle. Problem is, Backstrom is signed for a lot more years(our ownership would be hesitant) and Ribeiro is a soon to be UFA. I don't see them trading him bc they might not have any centers after this season but who knows. It might be time to rebuild that team.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
In regards to Kovalev,I think any time we play a team with a weak penalty killing unit, he should be in the lineup. He looks good on the powerplay and we can sink teams with a couple of PP goals.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
It's so typical Panthers to lose to the "worst" team after a good streak. I just can feel the loss coming..

GO CATS GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad