OT: Florida Panthers All-Time Number Team: #34

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Hey guys, I thought I might start a new fun set of threads that's designed to go through all the numbers Panthers players have ever worn. Each thread will be a poll to decide the best player for that number. When this is all done, I'll put together a list of the Florida Panthers All-Time Number Team

Notes:
  • Some numbers only have one player, so they will represent it by default (and we won't have a thread for them), and obviously some numbers have never been worn and will be skipped.
  • If a player wore more than one number for the Panthers, they will be eligible for all numbers worn. If a player wins a number, they cannot be eligible for another.
  • The voting only matters for the time that player was a Florida Panther. Ignore their work for any other team.
  • In the case of a tie after the 72 hours has completely run out on a poll, we will have a run-off poll to decide that winner.

So far:
Number|Name
1| Roberto Luongo
2| Terry Carkner
3| Paul Laus
4| Jay Bouwmeester
5| Aaron Ekblad
6| Jason Woolley
7| Dmitry Kulikov
8| Peter Worrell
9| Stephen Weiss
10|Pavel Bure
11|Bill Lindsay
12|Olli Jokinen
13|Juraj Kolnik
14|Ray Whitney
15|Jozef Stumpel
16|Aleksander Barkov
17|Derek MacKenzie
18|Mike Hough
19|Radek Dvorak
20|Brian Skrudland
21|Tom Fitzgerald
22|Kristian Huselius
23|Rhett Warrener
24|Robert Svehla
25|Viktor Kozlov
26|Ray Sheppard
27|Scott Mellanby
28|Martin Straka
29|Tomas Vokoun
30|Mark Fitzpatrick
31|Craig Anderson
32|Kris Versteeg
33|Willie Mitchell

Last edited:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Whoever votes anything other than Beezer should be banished ;)

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Shut it down. Next...

If we had to vote for an overall worst Panther ever, Biron may get my vote. Man, did I hate that guy when he was a Panther with his mistakes every single game.

I don't even recall Rissmiller playing a game as a Panther.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
6a00d83451b26169e20120a63fe755970c-250wi

Not even voting.

Tim Thomas wore this number tp honor the all time face of the franchise!

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Per our board rules...is that one name even allowed to be there?

Well as someone who doesn't believe in superstition or jinxes and also believing in the spirit of the rules I set out, every name gets a fair shot, every number gets a fair shot. Even though I'm well aware of the outcome of this one :p

Also, I'd like to point out, I don't think Biron was the worst player we've ever had. I think that distinction belongs to none other than Alex Auld. Just look at this statline:

Games Played|Wins|Losses|Ties/OTL|Goals Allowed|Shots Against|Saves|Save %|GAA
27 |7 |13 |5| 82 |729 |647 |.888 |3.34

Compared to what Belfour did with the same team in front of him:
58 | 27| 17| 10| 152| 1550| 1398| .902| 2.77

Now let me blow your mind: Biron had 22 points in his 91 games played including 4 goals. Did he suck? Hell yeah he did. But he's not the worst to ever play on this team for more than a couple of games, it's gotta be Auld. Especially considering who he was replacing...

You made me vote Timmy.

Do you really need more than this to help you out?
NHL_97_Coverart.png

Not even Pavel Bure got that honor for us.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Well as someone who doesn't believe in superstition or jinxes and also believing in the spirit of the rules I set out, every name gets a fair shot, every number gets a fair shot. Even though I'm well aware of the outcome of this one :p

Also, I'd like to point out, I don't think Biron was the worst player we've ever had. I think that distinction belongs to none other than Alex Auld. Just look at this statline:

27 |7 |13 |5| 82 |729 |647 |.888 |3.34

Compared to what Belfour did with the same team in front of him:
58 | 27| 17| 10| 152| 1550| 1398| .902| 2.77

Now let me blow your mind: Biron had 22 points in his 91 games played including 4 goals. Did he suck? Hell yeah he did. But he's not the worst to ever play on this team for more than a couple of games, it's gotta be Auld. Especially considering who he was replacing...

Do you really need more than this to help you out?
NHL_97_Coverart.png

Not even Pavel Bure got that honor for us.
Unlike Kovalev, Timmy wasn't my true vote. Now that you mention it, if any 1 all time Panther couldve made an EA cover, this was it. One of two of my most played video games of all time. NHL 95 being the other, #27 scoring for that cover! Only 2 Panthers to ever make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad