OT: Florida Panthers All-Time Number Team: #32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Hey guys, I thought I might start a new fun set of threads that's designed to go through all the numbers Panthers players have ever worn. Each thread will be a poll to decide the best player for that number. When this is all done, I'll put together a list of the Florida Panthers All-Time Number Team

Notes:
  • Some numbers only have one player, so they will represent it by default (and we won't have a thread for them), and obviously some numbers have never been worn and will be skipped.
  • If a player wore more than one number for the Panthers, they will be eligible for all numbers worn. If a player wins a number, they cannot be eligible for another.
  • The voting only matters for the time that player was a Florida Panther. Ignore their work for any other team.
  • In the case of a tie after the 72 hours has completely run out on a poll, we will have a run-off poll to decide that winner.

So far:
Number|Name
1| Roberto Luongo
2| Terry Carkner
3| Paul Laus
4| Jay Bouwmeester
5| Aaron Ekblad
6| Jason Woolley
7| Dmitry Kulikov
8| Peter Worrell
9| Stephen Weiss
10|Pavel Bure
11|Bill Lindsay
12|Olli Jokinen
13|Juraj Kolnik
14|Ray Whitney
15|Jozef Stumpel
16|Aleksander Barkov
17|Derek MacKenzie
18|Mike Hough
19|Radek Dvorak
20|Brian Skrudland
21|Tom Fitzgerald
22|Kristian Huselius
23|Rhett Warrener
24|Robert Svehla
25|Viktor Kozlov
26|Ray Sheppard
27|Scott Mellanby
28|Martin Straka
29|Tomas Vokoun
30|Mark Fitzpatrick
31|Craig Anderson

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Versteeg will win this because of one season. Not like any of the other guys did anything either. But I refuse to Vote for Versteeg after his attitude last year.

I wish Repik would have panned out.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Versteeg will win this because of one season. Not like any of the other guys did anything either. But I refuse to Vote for Versteeg after his attitude last year.

I wish Repik would have panned out.

If you really don't want to pick him, you can always pick Vernon. He was here for a very short time, but he did help keep us on the road towards the playoffs :D He went 18-13-2 during the regular season being thrown into a big role when Kidd went down and performed well. Obviously the playoffs went badly but the whole team failed in that series.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I couldn't vote for Versteeg too much of a clown.

In the second best year this team has ever seen, Versteeg was outstanding. He'd go in vs mulitple players at a time and always came out with the puck. I loved Versteeg here, he got hurt and some are choosing remember him after that?

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I refuse to choose Versteeg. He has his good moments and poor ones as well. I don't like his attitude and lack of effort at times, which led me to pick Vernon. A guy that I thought played very well for his short time in Florida.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I too cannot vote Versteeg. People who quit on a team I love doesn't sit well with me.

Vernon helped us get into the playoffs when Kidd went down, but the playoffs left a bitter taste in my mouth.

So Richard Shulmistra it is. He played one game, Dec 27, 99. Beat Tampa 6-1.
Don't remember why he played just one game, but the stats tell me he was awesome :amazed: :D

Oh, and I found this gem:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
When did Versteeg quit on us?

Bouw quit on us on this day that year, when he found out he wasn't being traded. Versteeg got hurt and had surgery he couldn't immediately bounce back from.

How is that the same?

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
When did Versteeg quit on us?

Bouw quit on us on this day that year, when he found out he wasn't being traded. Versteeg got hurt and had surgery he couldn't immediately bounce back from.

How is that the same?

Don't you remember his games when back from injury. Versteeg barely tried out on the ice, it was very noticeable.

Then when he goes back to CHI he's magically better.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
If you really don't want to pick him, you can always pick Vernon. He was here for a very short time, but he did help keep us on the road towards the playoffs :D He went 18-13-2 during the regular season being thrown into a big role when Kidd went down and performed well. Obviously the playoffs went badly but the whole team failed in that series.

Alright, you sold me. The brick wall, himself, gets the vote. SCHULMISTRA!!!!!

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Don't you remember his games when back from injury. Versteeg barely tried out on the ice, it was very noticeable.y

Then when he goes back to CHI he's magically better.

Barely tried? I'm willing to bet he tried harder than anyone else. He was trying to recover from a bad injury, a surgically repaired knee. That doesn't happen instantly!!

He wasn't magically better either, he just went to the best team in the league.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...lorida-panthers-news-0225-20150224-story.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad