OT: Florida Panthers All-Time Number Team: #27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Hey guys, I thought I might start a new fun set of threads that's designed to go through all the numbers Panthers players have ever worn. Each thread will be a poll to decide the best player for that number. When this is all done, I'll put together a list of the Florida Panthers All-Time Number Team

Notes:
  • Some numbers only have one player, so they will represent it by default (and we won't have a thread for them), and obviously some numbers have never been worn and will be skipped.
  • If a player wore more than one number for the Panthers, they will be eligible for all numbers worn. If a player wins a number, they cannot be eligible for another.
  • The voting only matters for the time that player was a Florida Panther. Ignore their work for any other team.
  • In the case of a tie after the 72 hours has completely run out on a poll, we will have a run-off poll to decide that winner.

So far:
Number|Name
1| Roberto Luongo
2| Terry Carkner
3| Paul Laus
4| Jay Bouwmeester
5| Aaron Ekblad
6| Jason Woolley
7| Dmitry Kulikov
8| Peter Worrell
9| Stephen Weiss
10|Pavel Bure
11|Bill Lindsay
12|Olli Jokinen
13|Juraj Kolnik
14|Ray Whitney
15|Jozef Stumpel
16|Aleksander Barkov
17|Derek MacKenzie
18|Mike Hough
19|Radek Dvorak
20|Brian Skrudland
21|Tom Fitzgerald
22|Kristian Huselius
23|Rhett Warrener
24|Robert Svehla
25|Viktor Kozlov
26|Ray Sheppard - pending

Last edited:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
New poll. Which one was worse. Wells, Geimaldi, or Kovalev getting a vote?

Chris Wells? Yes.

Rocco was a support vote, thought Id get a pass there.

Kovalev was my fav all time player since 93. Always need to have the number myself because of him. Easiest decision I could possibly make out of all of em.

Best pair of mitts this game has ever seen.

Do I think he owns the number here over Mellanby? Better question would be if I thought anyone else in the world would vote alongside me. Rocco too.

Last edited:

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
Chris Wells? Yes.

Rocco was a support vote, thought Id get a pass there.

Kovalev was my fav all time player since 93. Always need to have the number myself because of him. Easiest decision I could possibly make out of all of em.

Best pair of mitts this game has ever seen.

You ever consider this poll is about Panthers wearing 27? Panther fans don't care about Kovalevs forgettable cup of coffee with the club. Who is the best Panther to wear 27? The answer will never be Kovalev.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
You ever consider this poll is about Panthers wearing 27? Panther fans don't care about Kovalevs forgettable cup of coffee with the club. Who is the best Panther to wear 27? The answer will never be Kovalev.

I did. Has anything I posted suggested otherwise? Voted Salei too.

I considered the landslide victories not being sullied by any of my sentimental picks.

For you it was forgettable. For me, I can have my all time childhood favorite player's jersey for both my fav teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wander

May 12, 2014
I think the interesting question is whether anyone thinks Bjugstad has a shot at taking this in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad