Florida Everblades For Sale

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
This isnt the first time I recall reading about this. I believe it was a year or two ago and their were two interested parties. One just wanted the land and the other wanted the building and team. Too lazy to re-find that article.

http://www.news-press.com/article/2...le-Everblades-no-need-relocate?nclick_check=1

The Everblades ownership is one of four franchises in the ECHL that own the team and the facility, said ECHL Commissioner Brian McKenna.

Who are the other 3 and aside from picking and choosing your dates does it really mean much?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
This isnt the first time I recall reading about this. I believe it was a year or two ago and their were two interested parties. One just wanted the land and the other wanted the building and team. Too lazy to re-find that article.

http://www.news-press.com/article/2...le-Everblades-no-need-relocate?nclick_check=1

Who are the other 3 and aside from picking and choosing your dates does it really mean much?

Cincinnati is one. It means so much that the Cyclones have opened on the road in their first two playoff series this post season despite having home ice "advantage":laugh:

I believe that Reading and Utah are the other two.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Cincinnati is one. It means so much that the Cyclones have opened on the road in their first two playoff series this post season despite having home ice "advantage":laugh:

I believe that Reading and Utah are the other two.

Only reason you did against Gwinnett was because they couldnt get home dates, you got the last 5 at home...unheard of!

Gibbie42

Aug 5, 2011
Evansville, IN

It means no rent. It means all the proceeds from concessions. It means not having to negotiate with someone to get the ice you want. It means not having to pay to use your own building for practice. It's huge

Kwings are one team. Elmira is another. I'm not sure who the other one is.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Only reason you did against Gwinnett was because they couldnt get home dates, you got the last 5 at home...unheard of!

No. There was a concert on the Friday and some ridiculous painting thing on Saturday. Further, the Cyclones could have played all 7 in Gwinnett and won. They are a much better team.

Another poster pointed out that the Kwings and Wings Stadium are owned by the same entity. I had forgotten that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad