Jeremy Martin6413/1***Simon Slavicek5515/31
Daks Klinkhammer551/4
LDGPG/AGGAASV%RDGPG/A
Tristan Bertucci6110/34Nathan Day3.730.868Gavin Ewles652/19
*Blake Smith652/11Jacob Brown4.190.853Matthew Jenken682/16
*Marko Stojkov642/19Rylan Fellinger580/4
Mason Taylor30/0Jack D'Arcy40/0
*- OA*** - OA/Import

You don't think C. Pitre will be back. Ducks are pretty stacked at forward. With a great camp, he could be in San Diego but it may be better for growth to be in Flint.

Both Stojkov and Jenken should be replaced. Need some high-end scoring talent in the forward area.

Reactions: MJ5

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
You don't think C. Pitre will be back. Ducks are pretty stacked at forward. With a great camp, he could be in San Diego but it may be better for growth to be in Flint.

Both Stojkov and Jenken should be replaced. Need some high-end scoring talent in the forward area.
1000% with you on Stojkov being replaced and hope he is. Jenken is serviceable.

You just don't see many NHL signed forwards returned. Way more goalies and defenseman. Could Coulson end up hurt in camp and returned like Kressler? Yes, I'm just not hoping for that with him. So I'm just not counting on him at the moment.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI

Coulson is built and plays like a man. Hits with force and is strong in the corners. If he had stayed healthy and he had someone that could distribute the puck on his line he would have put up a lot more points. Could he be returned and would it help his development? Sure, it’s possible and we’d be thrilled but with him signing I’m not putting my money on it. 80/20 he’s Pro next year? Stojkov? Not worth an OA spot. His best 4 game streak of the year was playoffs and I thought he played decent against London but, no. Jenken will only be 19 next year and has continued to progress over the last two years. He’s using his size more effectively too. Smith is an OA lock I think. So…. I’d like to see an OA D added but that’ll create a logjam that needs to be addressed and they’re really thin at forward too. So probably adding two OA forwards you think? I know your OA’s need to be impact players and the 3 they had this year all had a really dissapointing playoffs.

AnotherDimwit

Sep 13, 2007
Grand Blanc, MI
I don’t mind the trades moving the picks down the line, especially when we have more than enough. What I don’t understand is why we’re giving Windsor a better pick for free basically. Does he own a percent of the Spits, because he’s treated our cupboard like food pantry for them since the deadline and I don’t get it.

Reactions: MJ5 and Savard18

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

Makes a little more sense with 6 picks in the top 4 rounds now.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Cole Zurawski, F, Mississauga Rebels
One of the purest goal-scorers in the draft. Zurawski was the driving force of a Mississauga Rebels team that surprised a lot of people this year with their success. Along with his lethal shot, Cole plays a complete game consisting of a strong combination of compete, physicality, and playmaking ability. His consistency is what impressed the most, as he is able to make his presence felt every time he steps on the ice whether it's scoring a big goal or dominating physically, his compete never wavered. Should Zurawski be available at 7, I believe the Attack would do well to take him here. With the loss of Goure, Burroughs, and potentially Barlow up front, Owen Sound will look to replace some scoring. Bringing in Zurawski will help to start to fill that gap, while also adding a physical and competitive type player that fits the Owen Sound brand.

Sounds like someone we really need. Pure scorer.

Reactions: AnotherDimwit

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Cole Zurawski, F, Mississauga Rebels
One of the purest goal-scorers in the draft. Zurawski was the driving force of a Mississauga Rebels team that surprised a lot of people this year with their success. Along with his lethal shot, Cole plays a complete game consisting of a strong combination of compete, physicality, and playmaking ability. His consistency is what impressed the most, as he is able to make his presence felt every time he steps on the ice whether it's scoring a big goal or dominating physically, his compete never wavered. Should Zurawski be available at 7, I believe the Attack would do well to take him here. With the loss of Goure, Burroughs, and potentially Barlow up front, Owen Sound will look to replace some scoring. Bringing in Zurawski will help to start to fill that gap, while also adding a physical and competitive type player that fits the Owen Sound brand.

Sounds like someone we really need. Pure scorer.
They’re in serious need of a puck distributor too but yeah, sounds like a big win for the Firebirds if he signs. I like that he apparently plays physical with a high compete level in all 3 zones. They needed a RW, I’m excited to see how high he’ll play up the lineup next year.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Congratulations to all the players selected by the Flint Firebirds on Day 1 of the OHL draft. Very much hope to watch you grow into Pro hockey players in Blue and Orange.

On a side-note, glad to see Flint move quite a few picks for a better pick in the future. That’s something I usually agree with and it gives them a lot more ammo for next season if they so choose to go that route.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI

Amadeus little brother, hopefully lightning strikes twice.

I think 16yo “Not Related” Jimmy aka “Almost” Lombardi is gonna be a star in another year or two also. You could watch it starting to click almost every shift the second half of the season. He’s likely to play a big role for this team next year. Amadeus wasn’t even playing in the league until he was 18yo.

Once again found it bewildering that Flint selected a lot of Centermen and then bigger D in this draft. So….traded your two hard-nosed bigger young D in Strohack and Gee this year. Kept two smaller D in Taylor and D’Arcy then go to the draft and go with all bigger D. Pick a #%&*@$ direction and go with it for once.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
They had an Orientation Camp scrimmage today at 4pm. Anybody go? I didn’t even see this until a moment ago when I opened up Instagram. Open to the public. Maybe let the public know a little bit beforehand? Thanks. On the bright side they finally actually managed to get not one but two 2nd round picks to show up!!! Plus one for McParlan there. I wasn’t looking too hard for names but I did see Echols on the back of a jersey too. Would be great to get a Michigan kid like him on the roster at some point. Having the first 3 picks there is a really good start though.

Last edited:

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
They had an Orientation Camp scrimmage today at 4pm. Anybody go? I didn’t even see this until a moment ago when I opened up Instagram. Open to the public. Maybe let the public know a little bit beforehand? Thanks. On the bright side they finally actually managed to get not one but two 2nd round picks to show up!!! Plus one for McParlan there. I wasn’t looking too hard for names but I did see Echols on the back of a jersey too. Would be great to get a Michigan kid like him on the roster at some point. Having the first 3 picks there though is a really good start though.
I went. Hard to tell who was all there. No rosters. J. Lombardi looked outstanding though. But expected being a year older.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
They had an Orientation Camp scrimmage today at 4pm. Anybody go? I didn’t even see this until a moment ago when I opened up Instagram. Open to the public. Maybe let the public know a little bit beforehand? Thanks. On the bright side they finally actually managed to get not one but two 2nd round picks to show up!!! Plus one for McParlan there. I wasn’t looking too hard for names but I did see Echols on the back of a jersey too. Would be great to get a Michigan kid like him on the roster at some point. Having the first 3 picks there is a really good start though.
I was there. Saw most of this years picks there. Only ones I don't recall seeing were Brandon, Ready, Clark, and Dunbar. Doesn't mean they weren't there I just don't specifically recall them. The ones that caught my eye the most were Zurawski, Tessier, Cunnigham, and Colosimo. Edgecumbe also looked like a really solid goalie prospect. The one that really got the most of my attn however was Colosimo. That kid is big and has a nasty streak. After him I have to put Tessier. He's going to be a good one. After him I put Zurawski. Then Cunnigham who always seemed to be right up in the middle of everything. After that I have to say Mirda and then Tully looked pretty solid on D. My general impression was that as a group I think we will be seeing quite a few players from this draft class at the Dort in a Firebirds Jersey eventually. Looks like a really good draft class if they can get the primaries to sign. This isn't a ranking of who is better just who's play caught my attn the most.

U. Lombardi looks like he needs some development. Just looked slow to me for whatever reason. Skating may need work and/or his conditioning isn't what it should be. Just my impression.

Thought both of the US born draft picks Lyndaker and Echols looked decent. Not this year but maybe have a good shot down the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJ5 and Savard18

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I was there. Saw most of this years picks there. Only ones I don't recall seeing were Brandon, Ready, Clark, and Dunbar. Doesn't mean they weren't there I just don't specifically recall them. The ones that caught my eye the most were Zurawski, Tessier, Cunnigham, and Colosimo. Edgecumbe also looked like a really solid goalie prospect. The one that really got the most of my attn however was Colosimo. That kid is big and has a nasty streak. After him I have to put Tessier. He's going to be a good one. After him I put Zurawski. Then Cunnigham who always seemed to be right up in the middle of everything. After that I have to say Mirda and then Tully looked pretty solid on D. My general impression was that as a group I think we will be seeing quite a few players from this draft class at the Dort in a Firebirds Jersey eventually. Looks like a really good draft class if they can get the primaries to sign. This isn't a ranking of who is better just who's play caught my attn the most.

U. Lombardi looks like he needs some development. Just looked slow to me for whatever reason. Skating may need work and/or his conditioning isn't what it should be. Just my impression.

Thought both of the US born draft picks Lyndaker and Echols looked decent. Not this year but maybe have a good shot down the road.
Awesome. I was concerned guys like Colosimo and Lyndaker might just be flyers that were unlikely to report. If they can get the Top 3 and Colosimo to sign, that’d be huge.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Awesome. I was concerned guys like Colosimo and Lyndaker might just be flyers that were unlikely to report. If they can get the Top 3 and Colosimo to sign, that’d be huge.
I will be very disappointed if they don't sign the top 3 and Colosimo. Especially Colosimo. He really looks like he could that big nasty defenseman that every team wishes they had.

Reactions: Savard18

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Isn’t that a really quick announcement for them? It just seems like they took longer in years past.
It is. I remember Ty Dellandrea was a pretty quick signing announcement and this one beats that by more than a month. Ty's signing announcement was on May 26 in 2016. Hope the rest follow in short order.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Very quick. Zurawski is the quickest to commit.

Martin was decently quick, May 9th.
K. Pitre was June 7th.
Bertucci was June 18th.
Hayes was April 27th.
Othmann June 17th.
Vierling June 5th.
Keppen May 31st.
Dellandrea May 26th.

Reactions: Toldyaso

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad