Seravalli: Flames will be buyers at this year's deadline, they want the cup.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Makes sense, they need to be buying if they want to make the playoffs.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
can-i-borrow-a-feeling-kirk-van-houten-medium-square.jpg

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Seems like a no brainer... Why shouldn't they be buyers?

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Interesting. Friedman in a recent podcast said the Flames want no part of Tarasenko. He also flat out said JVR to Calgary won't happen not to long ago either. And in terms of reliability, I'll take Friedman over Seravalli pretty much every time.

Short of the Flames falling hard out of the race, fairly obvious to say they won't be sellers. So that leaves them standing pat or buying; not exactly a big stretch to have them as buyers. Kind of just seems like Seravalli is throwing out some generic names.

Regardless, not sure I buy it. Their number one goalie is broken, their coach is having an awful season, the offense is bad, and finally the GM allegedly has one foot out the door with the popular rumor suggesting he's heading to Toronto in the summer. Adding another forward doesn't fix any of that.

Reactions: me2

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Interesting. Friedman in a recent podcast said the Flames want no part of Tarasenko. He also flat out said JVR to Calgary won't happen not to long ago either. And in terms of reliability, I'll take Friedman over Seravalli pretty much every time.

Short of the Flames falling hard out of the race, fairly obvious to say they won't be sellers. So that leaves them standing pat or buying; not exactly a big stretch to have them as buyers. Kind of just seems like Seravalli is throwing out some generic names.

Regardless, not sure I buy it. Their number one goalie is broken, their coach is having an awful season, the offense is bad, and finally the GM allegedly has one foot out the door with the popular rumor suggesting he's heading to Toronto in the summer. Adding another forward doesn't fix any of that.
They'll probably end up buying a 1B like Varly/Talbot and a cheap #6D that can be trusted over Gilbert/Stone. Not sure they end up moving a 1st or anything major, but I do expect them to be buyers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad