GDT: Flames vs Sharks 8:30 MT

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
25 year old and 26 year old top four D with 50 pt potential go to rebuilding team

32 year old #1D with 100 pt potential goes to all-in team with the perfect partner for him

Do you think we'd need to add?

Nah but I don't want to get screwed up by giving the Sharks an entire top 4 pairing and be hurt by it in the near future. If by some hypothetical scenario we do trade both, I'd rather we target Fox (Who should honestly be on this team)

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Mangiapane - Backlund - Coleman is gonna be our best line going forward. It's nice to see the two third lines pitching in tonight against a bad team
You couldn’t even keep it in over a joke post, eh?

Lindholm -28 points in last 26 games
Dube -15 in 16
Toffoli -13 in 13

Huberdeau -17 in 20
Kadri -11 in 10
Lucic -3 in 2…. (Until replaced)

Best third lines in the league.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Huberdeau got a third of his even strength points tally tonight. Top 6 Looch is gonna be there for a while
1671605502901.png

Reactions: Tofveve

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Huberdeau got a third of his even strength points tally tonight. Top 6 Looch is gonna be there for a while
Huberdeau/Kadri with Mangiapane: 0 goals, 2 allowed, 50% Corsi, 41 xGF%

Huberdeau/Kadri with Lucic: 3 goals, 0 allowed, 62% Corsi, 59 xGF%

Lucic isn’t a long term solution with those two, but he really proved that Mangiapane really doesn’t deserve it. Hopefully Ruzicka/Phillips get a chance but ride that line until it’s stops working at this point.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Going to need @super6646 to shit on Weegar next gdt so he can score a goal lol

Thought the Flames played pretty well. Man do they ever hate doing things the easy way though, not a game that should have been tied in the 3rd. Shorks doing us a solid by shitting their pants the last 12 minutes

S TIER : Milan "Looch" Lucic, what a god

Really good : Thought Toffoli was excellent, smart plays, moving his feet, even looked dare I say fast on a cpl occasions. Dube also another good top 6 performance from him. Kadri had his best game in a while.

Good : Markstrom didn't have a ton of work but came up with some big saves when needed. Not sure you can put any of those GA on him. So was Coleman - Backlund - Mangiapane, those 3 reunited looked good together, had a 91xGF%. Mangiapane simply does not play well on the RW, should be kept on the left. Weegar not quite as good as last game but probably our best dman.

Not bad : Huberdeau still unsure what to make of this player. Made some good plays, made several headscratchers. Ruzicka was much better than last game. Made several solid defensive plays.

Meh : 4th line got pinned several shifts, guess that shouldn't be super surprising on the road. Lewis scored so that was cool. Ritchie killed a guy. Whatever. Hanifin-Andersson I really didn't think were very good despite having a + night. Tanev struggled with moving the puck but was good off of it.

Not good : Zadorov and Stone gave up way too many chances. Zads I can forgive as he looked hurt. Stone should come out for DeSimone next game.

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
The team definitely needed these two games. I know the California teams suck with the exception of LA, but they might as well get the easier points and build off of them for when they start playing the tougher teams

Reactions: Tofveve

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I managed to watch first 10 minutes and the third period, basically 6-1 win for Flames. They should get at least 4 points from the next 2 games if they want to get to playoffs

Reactions: Nanuuk

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
I managed to watch first 10 minutes and the third period, basically 6-1 win for Flames. They should get at least 4 points from the next 2 games if they want to get to playoffs
I mean... you can't get MORE than 4 points in the next two games. So you are suggesting our playoff hopes are going to be decided in these 2 games? If we only get 3 points, we're out?

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I mean... you can't get MORE than 4 points in the next two games. So you are suggesting our playoff hopes are going to be decided in these 2 games? If we only get 3 points, we're out?
Haha, meant next 3 games. Anaheim should be 2 points if the team plays like this, and a win againts either LA or Edmonton is a must. It's not over but you need to take all those "easy" points, and win as many as you can againts division rivals that are fighting for playoff spot.

edit: add to that the following two games against Seattle and Vancouver, 2 points is the absolute minimum from those games.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I thought the 1 line continued with the instant chemistry they found 7 games ago.

I thought playing Huberdeau with two left shots to be another good move and it seems like with the addition of the Loochinator, thye've found some instant chemistry. Both Huby and Kadri seemed to play bigger and with swagger.

I thought the reunited MBC line continue where they left off last season. One tough mother of a line to play against.

I thought the 4 line could be better. Ritchie was the weak link. That could be from sitting and not getting in to a series of games. Or it could be he is just the weak link. I couldn't help but think, wee Matty would work playing next to Rosie.

Last edited:

ChrisOsullivan

Jan 20, 2022
Going to need @super6646 to shit on Weegar next gdt so he can score a goal lol

Thought the Flames played pretty well. Man do they ever hate doing things the easy way though, not a game that should have been tied in the 3rd. Shorks doing us a solid by shitting their pants the last 12 minutes

S TIER : Milan "Looch" Lucic, what a god

Really good : Thought Toffoli was excellent, smart plays, moving his feet, even looked dare I say fast on a cpl occasions. Dube also another good top 6 performance from him. Kadri had his best game in a while.

Good : Markstrom didn't have a ton of work but came up with some big saves when needed. Not sure you can put any of those GA on him. So was Coleman - Backlund - Mangiapane, those 3 reunited looked good together, had a 91xGF%. Mangiapane simply does not play well on the RW, should be kept on the left. Weegar not quite as good as last game but probably our best dman.

Not bad : Huberdeau still unsure what to make of this player. Made some good plays, made several headscratchers. Ruzicka was much better than last game. Made several solid defensive plays.

Meh : 4th line got pinned several shifts, guess that shouldn't be super surprising on the road. Lewis scored so that was cool. Ritchie killed a guy. Whatever. Hanifin-Andersson I really didn't think were very good despite having a + night. Tanev struggled with moving the puck but was good off of it.

Not good : Zadorov and Stone gave up way too many chances. Zads I can forgive as he looked hurt. Stone should come out for DeSimone next game.
I like Stone as a 6th/7th dman, but he does need a few games off to refocus. A few too many unforced errors

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad