GDT: Flames vs Sharks 8:00 MT

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

BEST COACH IN FRANCHISE HISTORY!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see us outshoot San Jose 3-1 from the point and lose 4-2. Love the non-existent accountability from the vets and shitty product. Clearly the best coach in franchise history. I'll be reacting in kind with the shitty GDT best GDT in hfflames history.

Last edited:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I know I've mentioned this several times, but I legitimately hate Daryl Sutter at this point. Truly the epitome of a shitty product he is producing. Plodding 500 hockey with underperforming vets galore. Markstrom getting starters minutes despite doing f*** all to earn them, Lucic playing despite doing f*** all to earn it. Tofolli being a top liner despite doing f*** all to earn it. If you are a vet you don't have to earn shit. Best coach in franchise history, there is a reason this franchise has sucked ass for decades. Legitimately, this egotistical old prick can f*** off any day and I won't be upset.

The team has very few likeable faces rn. I want to like Huberdeau and Kadri but they ain't it. Even Lindholm hasn't been all up to snuff. I think Vladar is my favourite Flame right now. Backs is good too. Like Ruzicka and Phillips (when he plays).

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
That 4th line is like when I see my boss's phone number on call display on a Monday morning. Can't run, can't hide, have to answer and same with 4th line - have to watch, have to cringe, have to sigh.

• Wow
Reactions: super6646

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I know I've mentioned this several times, but I legitimately hate Daryl Sutter at this point. Truly the epitome of a shitty product he is producing. Plodding 500 hockey with underperforming vets galore. Markstrom getting starters minutes despite doing f*** all to earn them, Lucic playing despite doing f*** all to earn it. Tofolli being a top liner despite doing f*** all to earn it. If you are a vet you don't have to earn shit. Best coach in franchise history, there is a reason this franchise has sucked ass for decades.

The team has very few likeable faces rn. I think Vladar is my favourite Flame right now.

You don't like Ruzicka's face?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Riding a high from the world cup final. Not gonna ruin my own day
That game was more entertaining than anything the Flames have produced this year.

Can't believe the day came I found soccer to be more entertaining than Flames hockey, but there it is.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
I agree there is not many, if any (I disagree on Backlund or Vladar especially being likable), likable players on this team. It is a mediocre group at best with little to no prospects going forward and not a lot of things to latch onto in terms of hope or likability.

However, I disagree with having the anger for that directed towards Sutter, that is 100% on Treliving and the team he has built.

It isn't like Phillips, Zohorna or any one in our prospect pool or AHL are likable or exciting. Sutter isn't preventing anyone with quality or likability to change the team back we don't have those players thanks to Treliving trading away picks like candy, valuing mediocrity over quality and our teams, likely coming from ownership, hatred of taking any risk to missing out on 1 round of play-offs.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Last i checked, sutter isnt teaching these scrubs to not being able to make tape to tap passes. Is sutter practicing firing passes into each others skates? Is he teaching markstrom to spot em a goal 1st 5 mins of every game? This team just sucks plain and simple, it doesnt matter whose on the ice.

• Love
Reactions: Bounces R Way

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Super won’t be satisfied until Jesus is our coach
I just want a decent product tbh. I can accept suck, but I cannot accept sucking while also watching a product that is f***ing awful. If we were rebuilding and we sucked but got to see some exciting prospects, I would not be nearly as bitchy. This is as good as we're going to get and there is 0 future upside.

Get some new blood. Wouldn't mind Mitch Love getting a shot for example, can't be much worse than this garbage.

C'mon now, you've felt like that since he was hired. You just begrudgingly accepted it during the good times.
I hated the hire but I wanted to give him a chance. Last year was good, but all around its been about what I expected... shit. I don't buy into past clout, sorry. The team has performed about as well under Sutter as it did under Peters, big f***ing whoop. At least Peters developed some of our players. Can't say the same for Sutter (I don't call what he has done to Ruzicka or Kylington "development", more like succeeding in spite of the coach).

Last i checked, sutter isnt teaching these scrubs to not being able to make tape to tap passes. Is sutter practicing firing passes into each others skates? Is he teaching markstrom to spot em a goal 1st 5 mins of every game? This team just sucks plain and simple, it doesnt matter whose on the ice.
Why does this team have no rush game? Why does this team spam shots from the point and never get chances in the slot? Why is he f***ing playing Markstrom when he has (or had) a hot goalie on the bench.

The team is playing with no confidence, and it starts with their top offence player going from an ES scoring beast to a PP merchant. Same sort of crap when Gaudreau was played on a line that didn't work anymore. At least Sutter recognized that him and Tofolli were like oil and water, but its hilarious it took 30 games for it to happen. You can see it with Weegar too; was a puck carrying beast in Florida, now he's a dump it in dman most of the time. You don't think that is systematic?

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Happy that the team is committed to losing games and actually trying to finish bottom 10 instead of narrowly missing and finishing 14th.

Lots of talent available this summer.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
LOL

Now Sutter is getting blame for not playing a crap goalie like Vladar???? Shows how low some people have to stoop if Vladar is looked at as an answer.

Still not sure if he'd be able to motivate these bums.

When Matthew Phillips and Radim Zohorna continue to be the AHL level talents they are the calls will be for him to get fired rather than look at how weak the players are because they are immune from blame for some reason.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Go Flames. Hoping to bounce back into some wins, but whatever. I'm only a fan. Win, or lose.
Out of my hands.
Wouldn't mind a top 5 pick, but wouldn't mind some playoff hockey.
Not sure what to expect in the Shark tank tonight, but I'll be watching with ya'll.

Unfortunately I have to work tonight so will be missing this one - recording it of course for tomorrow am.

Have fun, hopefully it's better than a stinker lol!

Reactions: Boomstick

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
zohorna out for that mess of a line vs sjs is facking embarassing, hopefully markstrom can get a win its been ahwile for him

Edit: zohorna out with illness

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Time to settle in for another evening of hate watching my favourite hockey team

giphy.gif

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Phillips in? His first career goal is on tap boys.

Nm. Late scratch. Rofl. Needed to skate Dennis Gilbert as a 7th d instead. Sure Darryl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad