GDT: Flames vs Preds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
I'll put aside the 3 v 3 play for this game. They lost it well before that went down. I noticed something they were doing different this game defensively that lead to a ton of odd man rushes. They were pinching defensemen in the neutral zone. I blame the coaches on that one. It wasn't like it was any one player. It was a team philosophy for this game it seemed and it didn't work at all. I hope to never see that played again. To many time you saw an odd man rush and even when we semi recovered our coverage was not there because everyone was seemingly lost on who they should be covered. I put the sole blame on the coaching staff for this loss and I think this would be the first game I would do that this year.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
It is not just the triangle that has cost this team the 3 on 3 losses. There have been a number of times where they tried to play an aggressive 3 on 3 and the OT ended very quickly after losing procession of the puck and allowing the odd man breakaway.

People keep saying this- and it is true, if you play aggressively you are absolutely going to give up some breakaways and odd man rushes. But so what?? At least doing this you at least better your odds of scoring yourself. Doing what we are doing now you have almost no chance of doing anything.

We are losing every OT game anyway, so why not lose being aggressive??

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
People keep saying this- and it is true, if you play aggressively you are absolutely going to give up some breakaways and odd man rushes. But so what?? At least doing this you at least better your odds of scoring yourself. Doing what we are doing now you have almost no chance of doing anything.

We are losing every OT game anyway, so why not lose being aggressive??

I'm fine with playing the triangle. My problem is until you have possession you do not have two forwards with one defensemen on the ice. Forsberg is not the guy you want covering down low on that triangle. I don't blame him for that. I blame the coaches for putting him in that situation. If that was Ellis I'll bet anything that pass gets blocked and we are gaining possession of the puck. Either that or teach Forsberg how to get down on the ice to block passes through the crease. Kicking at the puck is not the way to go.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
C5SWdKSXUAUWYks.jpg:large

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I'd take 10-11 at this point. Or even 6-15.

Yep.......

And it is just stunning that a team like LA is 22-4 and we are 3-18. You cannot tell me that coaching isn't the biggest factor in those records. It isn't like LA is loaded with speed and skill players to take advantage of a 3 on 3 situation. There has to be a little luck involved with that gaudy a record.

But the results speak for themselves.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Yep.......

And it is just stunning that a team like LA is 22-4 and we are 3-18. You cannot tell me that coaching isn't the biggest factor in those records. It isn't like LA is loaded with speed and skill players to take advantage of a 3 on 3 situation. There has to be a little luck involved with that gaudy a record.

But the results speak for themselves.

and the VERY skilled pits-bergers, they be a pedestrian 12 and 10. given they had mr. mediocrity as a coach makes sense....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad