• f*** off

Votes: 24 46.2%

• Total voters

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Hey we got the W. In the end that's all that counts but I think the boys were definitely a bit winded especially during that 3rd. Prostate should be getting more starts IMO. He looked great tonight. Byram still looks rough IMO. MacK and Rants still look lackluster even though MacK got himself a goal. Nuke's a hound. Would not be surprised to see Frail Cale with an injury update tomorrow.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Had to watch the game on delay but wanted to share a couple of thoughts...

I don't want to take anything away from Cale Makar, but for me, there is nothing more beautiful to watch in the game of hockey right now than Nuke skating his shifts in isolation. Watch him, his feet, his movements and his focus.

Fun seeing Nate score a no-look goal from the blue-line. Maybe that's what he needs to do more of. He's been tied for league lead in shots pretty much all season but is shooting 3% lower than his career average so far this season. I have no idea what is going on, but him getting back close to 10% would be nice. For whatever reason, it just doesn't seem like either he or Mikko have really gotten going this season yet. Which is crazy for me to say because they're both top 12 in points in the league. I guess I just feel there is room for improvement here.

Speaking of fun, RyJo's goal...oh boy. It actually looked like the big fella was trying on that wrap-around. Have no clue how that happened, spring is still a few months away. JD's goal to start the game was also a beauty.

They've been doing it for a while but, after a bit of a rough start, it has been really incredible watching our bottom six come together.

Finally, Ivan made me forget we had a backup in net. I have no idea how sustainable his play is, but he was as solid as you could like tonight. Great showing from him.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
One other thought on the game tonight...

Feels like you can already see Parkilla's impact on Prosvetov in the net. Way more controlled in his movements and less chaotic.

Really think we might have found something with him.

True. He is not flip flopping around as much. Looks much better already.

In the last 3 games, we got 2 Drouin goals, a MacDermid game winner, and a Johansen even strength goal

Very good signs. MacK, Rantanen will always score etc.. the big guns. But we need that depth scoring badly.

That's our 2C.. and that blazing speed on the break-away / wrap-around goal. You cant teach that sorta stuff. :popcorn:

Look at his speed at the breakaway. There's hope for a second gear for playoffs. Haha

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Gotta give some credit to Manson tonight. He had a good game. Full of chaos, but he was definitely feeling it tonight.
He was great

Think they need another pure finisher down the depth chart honestly.

Hard workers are great, but you need someone who can turn the tide of a game with one good shot. During the cup run that was Burky for us(And Kadri) and I dont think we've really been able to replace him since then.

Guys like Lehky, Colton, LOC, Wood, Olofsson, Kiviranta, Cogs... They're all good hard working types but none of them are snipers or good goal scorers.

Its part of why I think Patty Kane would be an interesting add. Hard to say with Kovalenko but I expect if he sticks in the NHL he'll be another one in the mold of Lehky/Nuke and not a pure goal scoring type.
Lehky is one of the most clutch players we have. He does not belong in this list. Also Kiviranta owned us in playoffs.(okay that's more of a joke).

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I think we need a better nickname than Prostate lol
As long as he stands tall and focuses hard we will be okay. ;)

Lmao. No wonder he gets double or triple suspensions. Gold

I know he does this all the time but I still don't like that Mack doesn't come out to wave at the crowd when he's one of the stars. Come on man, it takes literally 10 seconds.
10 seconds forty games a season. Time management.

Agree though. It's a nice gesture for the fans. Especially home.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
CBC panel sucking Hughes dick. This Norris race is over.
Don't worry, Vancouver's slide has started. Self-destruction mode on, I hope.

Val Nichushkin with 52:13 of ice time across a back-to-back despite dressing 12 forwards, no forward injuries, and no OT. What a horse.
It's great but too much.

Nuke is like the Russian boxer from the Rocky movies. Sicko physically.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Gotta give some credit to Manson tonight. He had a good game. Full of chaos, but he was definitely feeling it tonight.
Everyone shits on Manson because he’s overpaid (and yes he is a bit). But it’s easy to forget the issue is Manson/his game aren’t suited for a random regular season game for the most part. We have him and overpay him for what he’ll do in certain playoff matchups against more physical teams/in a more physical style of play.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Everyone shits on Manson because he’s overpaid (and yes he is a bit). But it’s easy to forget the issue is Manson/his game aren’t suited for a random regular season game for the most part. We have him and overpay him for what he’ll do in certain playoff matchups against more physical teams/in a more physical style of play.
We saw what he added yesterday. Great game Vs physical Flames. Loved it to be honest. The thing, it's impossible to play that sort of intensity every day, you will be completely broken by the end of the regular season.

He obviously needs to take it a bit easier during regular season.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Well, 2 "meh" games in a row - but also 2 WINS. I take it.

Sometimes all you need is a good goalie and a little bit of puck luck. We got both last night.

Tampa (with Vasy) will be a different animal on Monday, let's see how this goes.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
We saw what he added yesterday. Great game Vs physical Flames. Loved it to be honest. The thing, it's impossible to play that sort of intensity every day, you will be completely broken by the end of the regular season.

He obviously needs to take it a bit easier during regular season.
Absolutely - nobody can play that way every single regular season game (although the argument exists that Manson should at least be playing that way more than he has in the reg season).

But we as a fan base def shouldn’t freak out over Manson’s subpar regular season games. That’s not what he’s here for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad