GDT: Flames @ Vegas, Tuesday December 12 8:00 PM

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I didn't realize it was back to back, nice. Ummm, nice for the viewer.. I guess. I hope they're geared up and ready for the champs. I'm going to predict a 3-2 victory for the Flames. LFG.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
We played really well yesterday minus the third period. Still can not believe we didn’t secure even a point. We deserved it. Think we are going to lose tonight. Hope I am wrong, not gonna watch. Go Flames

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Alright.
Well.

This team is 11-14-3.
5th in their division. 6th last in the NHL on P%.

This season is f***ing lost man.
There's no horses in the stable here to go on a 100+ point pace the rest of the way out. Like, the talent isn't there.

Just lose guys. Just lose, and be bad. Be stinky. Trade those UFA's to restart. Hell, let the Kraken make some noise and pass you; see if you can get some luck and move from 5 to 1 or 2 in the draft. We need something different here in a bad way.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Alright.
Well.

This team is 11-14-3.

There's no horses in the stable here to go on a 100+ point pace the rest of the way out. Like, the talent isn't there.

Just lose guys. Just lose, and be bad. Be stinky. Trade those UFA's to restart. Hell, let the Kraken make some noise and pass you; see if you can get some luck and move from 5 to 1 or 2 in the draft. We need something different here in a bad way.
It was already borderline lost when we went on that 6 game-losing streak and fell to 2-7-1. They needed to start well given all the uncertainty and they fell out flat. Once Hanifin and Lindholm decided they were on their way out, the season was always toast.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Alright.
Well.

This team is 11-14-3.

I'm not hoping them to lose, but I expect that is what will happen. What I hope is they trade Tanev, Lindholm, and Hanifin for future pieces. And get lucky in the lottery

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I'm not hoping them to lose, but I expect that is what will happen. What I hope is they trade Tanev, Lindholm, and Hanifin for future pieces. And get lucky in the lottery
Lindholm and Hanifin are pretty much gonzo already. Once those two are traded this is a bottom 5 team easy.

Reactions: Kahvi

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Win, Lose, go on a heater or not this team has proved its not the coach its the team and its time to unload vets..
One thing I want to see in the new year is a Pelletier, Zary, Coronato line but again the Flames will never go for a 100% kid line.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Thank god it isn’t too serious being day to day.

Seriously, sign him or trade him. The team is playing with fire keeping him without doing either.
Trading him now will mean retaining max salary and accepting a shitty return from a non-desperate team that will likely have conditions attached. Like Tanev @ 50% for a 3rd and a conditional pick that might turn into another pick in the 2025 draft.

Not interested.

Reactions: Lunatik

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Trading him now will mean retaining max salary and accepting a shitty return from a non-desperate team that will likely have conditions attached. Like Tanev @ 50% for a 3rd and a conditional pick that might turn into another pick in the 2025 draft.

Not interested.
Exactly, there is a reason teams don't sell early, even when they're bottom feeders

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Not interested.
Just curious, what’s the return we would be expecting at the deadline to begin with? If it’s a first round pick, I think it’s fair to hold onto the player and take a risk. But if it’s a 2nd and a 7th, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to take a slightly smaller return now in guatentee for something. And I have to wager, given what tanev is at this point (ideally playing 17-18 mins a night) I don’t think a first round pick is on the table.

While tanev had been remarkably healthy for most of his time in Calgary, he missed 17 games last season and 138 from 2013 to 2020.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Could see this one going really bad. Top 4 Dennis the Menace is certainly something.
Not really at the point where I'm cheering for losses but also not going to be too upset with that outcome either.
Painfully obvious the team needs more top end talent to be anything other than an also ran.

Hope Wolf and Zary play well
GFG

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Could see this one going really bad. Top 4 Dennis the Menace is certainly something.
Not really at the point where I'm cheering for losses but also not going to be too upset with that outcome either.
Painfully obvious the team needs more top end talent to be anything other than an also ran.

Hope Wolf and Zary play well
GFG

If you're doing player props, Vegas guys on the over across the board :laugh:
I'm there already. I was one of the guys last year who was totally like 'we'll click at some point, don't doom and gloom guys...' But this team has proven it isn't built to be competitive in this league.

Let's not do the 2013 thing, where the lineup is full of a bunch of lunch-pail vets; guys just mediocre enough where they win a few meaningless games down the line and you end up with the likes of Monahan instead of MacKinnon or Barkov (just for those who don't remember, the delta there was 6 points drafting 2nd, 3 points from being where the Avs won to draft first, 3 points. 3 Freeeaaakin' points. Calgary had a three game win streak within the last two weeks of the season that year).

Just roll this group out, when the deadline comes, bounce everyone not nailed down out of town. Bring up more of the kids; find out who the Brodie type guys are and who the Horak/Bartschi/Granlund/Hanowski/Agostino/Reinharts/More of the garbage we had on the roster as 'prospects' were.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Somehow there are 4 real NHL teams that have a worse PP than ours that operates at 11.6%

• Wow
Reactions: Tofveve

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Another tough game, will take a Herculean effort by the Flames. I'm sure they'll battle, but not sure they'll win. I'll always cheer the Flames every game, but yeah like the majority said it's better for the future if we don't win so much. I can't cheer for losses. I'd like Lindholm and Huberdeau to show up once in awhile. Huberdeau had 0 shots on goal last night. I still can't understand how he just isn't good. It's been 110 games or so and I can't remember once saying he was the best player on the ice for us. It's still mindboggling.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Probs another 2 tank points, the UFA boys have earned getting traded after Christmas break

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm far from optimistic that the Flames will rack up a win tonight. From a draft standpoint, that's a good thing. A top 5 draft pick, and preferably a top 3, is the only way the Flames will get a game breaking franchise player. Trading players won't accomplish that unless we get extremely lucky with a pick or a prospect.
The sooner the Flames trade Lindholm, Hanifin, and Tanev, the sooner they can begin the tank in earnest. Let's not leave it till the last minute.

Reactions: Tofveve

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
We have no horses in the stable for anyone to go on a 50 point pace let alone 100.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Vegas' power play has looked otherworldly the last few games I've seen it. They're just so good all around its no wonder they're in 1st place overall.

Anyway, like Boomstick I just can't cheer for a loss.

Each game is its own season to me. IMO a high level management team will be the used car salesmen they should be and get gold back for clinkers, despite if we're near the top of pile or near the bottom. Unfortunately generational talents and superstars go as #1s in the draft so I guess there's that reality too.

That all said, go Flams. I just can't see us winning tonight where we were gutted the night before. Something like 3-1 for them and Wolf keeps his 3.0 gaa going, unfortunately (*edit - i see its likely Vlad in net, whatever if so - save the kid for when the team isnt tired i guess). Hey maybe everything is turned on its head - I'm hoping for that!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Another tough game, will take a Herculean effort by the Flames. I'm sure they'll battle, but not sure they'll win. I'll always cheer the Flames every game, but yeah like the majority said it's better for the future if we don't win so much. I can't cheer for losses. I'd like Lindholm and Huberdeau to show up once in awhile. Huberdeau had 0 shots on goal last night. I still can't understand how he just isn't good. It's been 110 games or so and I can't remember once saying he was the best player on the ice for us. It's still mindboggling.
I was team Treliving when the trade happened. Felt like a job well done considering Chucky wasn't re-signing. Boy oh boy has he been a catastrophic disappointment. The effort and desire seems to be there many nights, but his hands have turned to stone. His A1 elite level passing is below average now. It's truly shocking. I am very optimistic that Pelletier completely revitalizes his game; however. I may be delusional, but I see a dramatic turnaround much like Kadri once paired with Zary & Pospisil (and now can play well with anyone it seems). It'll be funny to watch him go on a 40 pts in 30 games run after UFAs are gone and pelts and him are flyin us into that #9 west seed 😂

Reactions: Boomstick

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad