Proposal: Flames trade predictions

Varsityboy

Jun 25, 2023
these are my predictions based on where I think the best fit is and deal

Hanifin - think either Bos or TB
I’ll give the edge to Boston and think it will be mason lohrei and a first round pick

Tanev - I think tor wants him and dal could really use him. I’ll say tor gives in and moves their first

Markstrom- I really think this is a one horse race with nj and if the don’t offer up a good deal the flames keep him and move in the offseason. I think it takes Mercer and a second round.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
We aren’t getting Mercer. Likely first + Vanachek + Holtz

Also Hanifin is only 4 years older than Lohrei. He’s not going to Boston in FA to take 15 million less in real money with the extra year and taxes. He hasn’t made enough

Reactions: Macheteops

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Hanifin to Dallas for Bischel and a 1. Hanifin extends

Tanev to Tor or Edm. One of them breaks and hands over the 1st.

Marksrrom stays.

Varsityboy

Jun 25, 2023

Also Hanifin is only 4 years older than Lohrei. He’s not going to Boston in FA to take 15 million less in real money with the extra year and taxes. He hasn’t made enough
That’s more realistic from nj but not sure Calgary does that

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If Calgary wants Lohrei then this trade won't happen. Boston would rather take their chances once Hanifan hits free agency.
I really don't think Hanifin will hit free agency, we'll get a good return from a desirable locale and he'll sign for 8 years. It's the smart play on his behalf to guarantee that extra year at a higher AAV

Reactions: Blueston and Nanuuk

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'll play.

Tanev
  • I think he returns a 1st from someone
  • My guess is Toronto. He checks too many boxes and fills a much needed void. He would instantly improve the PK, help limit quality scoring chances, and provide a stable defensive influence behind Reilly, allowing him to play his game.
Hanifin
  • I think the return will be a 1st, and a very good prospect/young player, not a blue chipper, but better than a B prospect. Maybe eve an additional pick.
  • This is pretty wide open, but I suspect it may be a surprise team, like maybe St. Louis.
Markstrom
  • It's always really hard to guess the goalie market, but with term remaining, I think the return has to be significant. 1st + prospect, the value of the prospect will depend on whether or not there is a multi-year cap dump or retention.
  • New jersey is the obvious guess.
Sharangovich
  • 1st round pick. I think this could be offered and the Flames could accept do to the fact we are loaded with wingers, and he ay regress next season.
  • I'll guess Colorado, Vegas or NY Rangers

Reactions: Jojalu

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I'll play.

Tanev
  • I think he returns a 1st from someone
  • My guess is Toronto. He checks too many boxes and fills a much needed void. He would instantly improve the PK, help limit quality scoring chances, and provide a stable defensive influence behind Reilly, allowing him to play his game.
Hanifin
  • I think the return will be a 1st, and a very good prospect/young player, not a blue chipper, but better than a B prospect. Maybe eve an additional pick.
  • This is pretty wide open, but I suspect it may be a surprise team, like maybe St. Louis.
Markstrom
  • It's always really hard to guess the goalie market, but with term remaining, I think the return has to be significant. 1st + prospect, the value of the prospect will depend on whether or not there is a multi-year cap dump or retention.
  • New jersey is the obvious guess.
Sharangovich
  • 1st round pick. I think this could be offered and the Flames could accept do to the fact we are loaded with wingers, and he ay regress next season.
  • I'll guess Colorado, Vegas or NY Rangers
Doubt Sharan is moved this season

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
If Calgary wants Lohrei then this trade won't happen. Boston would rather take their chances once Hanifan hits free agency.

I really don't think Hanifin will hit free agency, we'll get a good return from a desirable locale and he'll sign for 8 years. It's the smart play on his behalf to guarantee that extra year at a higher AAV
You could be right but even if Hanifan ends up signing elsewhere I think Boston ( and their fans ) will be happy with a top 4 of McAvoy, Lindholm, Carlo and Lohrei for the next few seasons.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
these are my predictions based on where I think the best fit is and deal

Hanifin - think either Bos or TB
I’ll give the edge to Boston and think it will be mason lohrei and a first round pick

Tanev - I think tor wants him and dal could really use him. I’ll say tor gives in and moves their first

Markstrom- I really think this is a one horse race with nj and if the don’t offer up a good deal the flames keep him and move in the offseason. I think it takes Mercer and a second round.
Mercer and a pick for Markstrom? Bad enough you ask for Mercer you then throw a pick on top of it....If it's a one team only interested than a fifth round pick for Markstrom

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Hanifin to Boston...the return will be less than expected as its rumored Hanifin wishes to test free agency/sign in Tampa.

Tanev to Toronto for a 1st plus

Markstrom isnt dealt till the summer

johnnystormcgy

May 26, 2007
Tanev - I see too many possibilities, and have no idea where he goes. But I see him being on the pairings below:
  • Dallas: Miro - Tanev
  • Edmonton: Nurse - Tanev
  • Toronto: Reilly - Tanev
Markstrom to New Jersey in the summer, or LA by the deadline.

Hanifin to Boston makes the most sense, maybe Dallas, or Tampa but I don't see a viable return.

Bond

May 10, 2012
If Jersey wins today they’ll snag Markstrom and one of the UFA D

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Something really worth mentioning, Noah has been super underpaid so far in his career. I’m sure he’s going to want his payday. I think his goal will be to get traded to the team that signs him for the extra year and extra millions.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Hanifin to Boston

Tanev stays or goes to Van for another of their 1sts and signs there. Trading him for a 2nd isn’t worth it

Markstrom stays.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hanifin to Boston

Tanev stays or goes to Van for another of their 1sts and signs there. Trading him for a 2nd isn’t worth it

Markstrom stays.
5D chess... Tanev to Edmonton for a 1st, then we trade Hanifin to Dallas for a 1st cond 2nd (becomes a 1st if they reach teh WCF) and a prospect, then Rango to Vegas for a 1st... when Dallas reaches teh WCF and beats the Pacific team, our 3 1sts from Vegas, Edmonton and Vancouver will be as high as possible and we get 2 more from Dallas.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I think boston will be buyers this deadline, but most likely smaller depth moves.
Agreed. I know mtl and bos wouldn’t make a trade probably. But, I see the type of denfencemen they would pick up would be a Kovacevic type. Big and rangy, very reliable in his end, good first pass. Solid third pair D

Reactions: hurdemz

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Boston pays up for Hanifin. Doesn't make him sign an extension as part of the deal to keep the price low but is confident he will with good reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad