Confirmed with Link: Flames Trade Neal for Lucic (12.5% retained) and conditional 3rd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Not a fan but I think things were said in the locker room between Neal and teammates/management. They seemed adamant on getting rid of him.

If he can play like 5.5 million Ryan Reeves than I’m happy.

Sounds kinda greedy. I'd be happy if he plays like Lance Bouma. Any year Lance. High scoring Lance or broken body heart and soul guy Lance is OK by me.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Without starting a war

With both players doing a lot of interviews right now. Lucic is tossing McDavid and the Oilers every chance he gets.

I am in Thailand right now so I am only getting a few interviews.

The ones from Neal says things did not work out for either player and both needed a change.

Has Neal said anything negative to the press about his year with the Flames?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Without starting a war

With both players doing a lot of interviews right now. Lucic is tossing McDavid and the Oilers every chance he gets.

I am in Thailand right now so I am only getting a few interviews.

The ones from Neal says things did not work out for either player and both needed a change.

Has Neal said anything negative to the press about his year with the Flames?
The problem with what I have seen from Lucic is we don't see the question presented to him. I took his comments on Wednesday to mean that he had more success with a veteran captain and that he feels the Oilers rushed McDavid into a leadership role he didn't have the experience to be properly ready for. I don't see that as a slight against McDavid in any way at all.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
The problem with what I have seen from Lucic is we don't see the question presented to him. I took his comments on Wednesday to mean that he had more success with a veteran captain and that he feels the Oilers rushed McDavid into a leadership role he didn't have the experience to be properly ready for. I don't see that as a slight against McDavid in any way at all.

This is not the first time he has said something like that. He was brought in for leadership and so far I do not see him taking responsibility for anything in edmonton. Seems like nothing was his fault

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
This is not the first time he has said something like that. He was brought in for leadership and so far I do not see him taking responsibility for anything in edmonton. Seems like nothing was his fault
Yet he's said he needed to be better, how is that not taking responsibility? Looks like you are only seeing what you want to see.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
I hope he shuts up and shows what he can do on the ice and prove that he will be a fit for Calgary.As much as I rag on the flames they are my 3thd favorite team and would love to see them make the playoffs .

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Hey Looch, it wasn't the pressure you put on yourself, it was the sharp decline in your skills with age.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hey Looch, it wasn't the pressure you put on yourself, it was the sharp decline in your skills with age.

Can we like, try, to support this guy?
Or are we going to treat it like Ryan 2.0, where a number of folks here fed into it and looked absolutely dumb for doing so midway through the season?

I want to see what he does for our team. He looks motivated, he's not sticking to the script; get at'er big man.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
From what I've heard since the trade, Lucic's position seems to be one of acceptance. I think he's expressing the realization that he is not the player he used to be, and the player he's always expected to be. He wanted to be a top line forward, but he simply can't play at that level anymore.

I don't think Lucic should be blaming himself for anything as long as he feels that he was putting his maximum effort in. A player who is incorrectly slotted shouldn't take the blame when it hurts their team. That blame falls on management. If a player mailed it in and didn't try to be better, that's when you would want to hear them own up. I don't get the sense that that was Lucic, though.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Or are we going to treat it like Ryan 2.0, where a number of folks here fed into it and looked absolutely dumb for doing so midway through the season?

I want to see what he does for our team. He looks motivated, he's not sticking to the script; get at'er big man.

Hey that's just like.. your opinion, man.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

Hey I'm rooting for him

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Was effective when the game was still a big mans game. Could fight but now there are few fights.

Today? Skates like a battleship...makes Maroon look like Brian Boitano...He is not at fault for the contract..anyone would sign it. He is unable to play todays game...fortunately he's made enough money where he can just walk away after this ends badly. It is possible he is Wade Reddened or Andrew MacDonalded ...by being sent to the minors. He should just shut his mouth and thank the Oilers everyday.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I 100% think Looch can get 30+ pts for us next season. 12-15 goals should be the aim, maybe 5-6 on the PP? Another 8-10 PP assists. Then I expect Looch to be a presence, give us some size and make teams play us more honest. I think he’s going to enable Tkachuk and Bennett to play even more the pest role and when teams come to pile Matty, Looch is going to be the deterrent and that’s going to really frustrate the opposition. As long as he brings an honest effort every night and a mean streak, with that big sexy frame of his I’m stoked to have him on the Flames.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I 100% think Looch can get 30+ pts for us next season. 12-15 goals should be the aim, maybe 5-6 on the PP? Another 8-10 PP assists. Then I expect Looch to be a presence, give us some size and make teams play us more honest. I think he’s going to enable Tkachuk and Bennett to play even more the pest role and when teams come to pile Matty, Looch is going to be the deterrent and that’s going to really frustrate the opposition. As long as he brings an honest effort every night and a mean streak, with that big sexy frame of his I’m stoked to have him on the Flames.
You always have high expectations for guys. I do apprecaite that you don't shit on guys for you having high expectations though.

From Lucic, I expect 15-20 points and to punish guys in the corners while being less of a liability than Neal was. All while looking like a modern day caveman.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
You always have high expectations for guys. I do apprecaite that you don't **** on guys for you having high expectations though.

From Lucic, I expect 15-20 points and to punish guys in the corners while being less of a liability than Neal was. All while looking like a modern day caveman.

I think 15-20 is probably what most expect, I am just hoping we see a reinvigorated player that gets some opportunity on the PP to make his presence felt. I love the caveman look and act.

I’m debating changing my username to the LooLoo Train.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think 15-20 is probably what most expect, I am just hoping we see a reinvigorated player that gets some opportunity on the PP to make his presence felt. I love the caveman look and act.

Last time you changed your name it didn't last, why mess with perfection?

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary

body_tcm1399-198178.jpg

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
If you go in with no expectations you can only be slightly disappointed. Last year I went in with the expectations that James Neal would play hockey, alas I was wrong as all I saw was a guy cashing nice big cheques in a bank.

This year I am going in hoping Lucic can hit 5 goals and 15 points, yeah for his contract it's just atrocious, but I think he can hit those numbers easily and the contract shit is all a wash. Flames were screwed the second they signed the Neal contract, if we were to ever get rid of it we were always gonna get screwed.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If you go in with no expectations you can only be slightly disappointed. Last year I went in with the expectations that James Neal would play hockey, alas I was wrong as all I saw was a guy cashing nice big cheques in a bank.

This year I am going in hoping Lucic can hit 5 goals and 15 points, yeah for his contract it's just atrocious, but I think he can hit those numbers easily and the contract **** is all a wash. Flames were screwed the second they signed the Neal contract, if we were to ever get rid of it we were always gonna get screwed.
I'm willing to bet the NHL uses direct deposit :sarcasm:

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I'm willing to bet the NHL uses direct deposit :sarcasm:

Neal wouldn't get enough satisfaction f***ing over the Flames sitting at home looking at his computer so he demanded them cut him a cheque so he could go to the bank every 2 weeks to laugh with the bank teller.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
My expectation of Lucic is to play a sounder defensive game than Neal did. If he does the Flames will be ahead of last year and if Lucic pots 10-15 and stares menacingly in the general direction of those that might take unnecessary liberties with some of our players, we'll be light years ahead.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
We've heard from Lucic his thoughts on why it didn't work in Edmonton, have we heard anything from Neal explaining his dog **** embarrassment of a season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad