GDT: Flames @ Stars

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I agree Babchuk was terrible and he should be waived. He literally has no place on this team.

It's weird, because scouts from other teams are coming to Calgary games to see him. He's on the block, would think some desperate team in need of some O from the D, on the PP would probably take a stab at him, probably for nearly nothing.

Saying that, he's been injured for a while, I think that he'll slowly get better as they go along, you can tell he's not even at 30% game speed.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
It's weird, because scouts from other teams are coming to Calgary games to see him. He's on the block, would think some desperate team in need of some O from the D, on the PP would probably take a stab at him, probably for nearly nothing.

Saying that, he's been injured for a while, I think that he'll slowly get better as they go along, you can tell he's not even at 30% game speed.

Really? Babchuk? it may just be one game but I wasn't really impressed last season as well. If he has value I wouldn't hesitate to move him

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
We should trade Babchuk for a responsible stay-at-home bottom pairing D, who can pass the puck out of the zone.

Wideman has taken his spot as the blue line canon this year, we are lacking in strong physical defenders though.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
We should trade Babchuk for a responsible stay-at-home bottom pairing D, who can pass the puck out of the zone.

Wideman has taken his spot as the blue line canon this year, we are lacking in strong physical defenders though.

Enough said, I would give him away for a 7th, he has a great shot but with our top 4 defenseman all being offensive he is useless here.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Keep in mind Babchuk has a NTC which could hamper a move. Although I do believe it expires at the trade deadline.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Keep in mind Babchuk has a NTC which could hamper a move. Although I do believe it expires at the trade deadline.

It does expire at the deadline, and I think if the choice is not playing here or being traded to a team that will play him, he would most likely accept the trade. I think a team like Dallas would be interest in Babchuck as they are missing that big point shot on their pp.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Good point, but he isn't really being utilized here is he?

I would have to think, that if a team was interested in his services he would jump at the chance to be used in system which has a bigger role for him.

Unless he has something tying him down here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad