Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Tom McCollum

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
As I posted in the other thread, McCollum is a legit AHL starter, so who goes where? Rittich to ECHL and McDonald to the Q? Or will Rittich be loaned to another AHL, ECHL or European club? Or god forbid, is there an injury we do not yet know about?

Also for next year, what does this mean? We'd have Gillies (RFA), McCollum, McDonald, Rittich (RFA) already and then both Schneider & Parsons eligible to go pro.

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
I thought because Rittich was going to be an RFA he still qualified for our expansion draft goalie.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
So he went PTO with the Kings and Quick was toasted and still they dont want him?

Not sure why the Flames want him. Maybe they still dont like what they have in the system.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So clearly this is draft-related, maybe we're just shipping him to the E?
McCollum cannot be sent to the ECHL without his permission, only player son ELC's can be sent to the ECHL. McCollum is a very good AHL goalie. If we didn't have Gillies, I would be happy with him as the starter. Something has to give with Rittich or McDonald.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm not sure I want Gillies learning from a career minor leaguer/1st round bust.
I bet Leafs fans aprehensive that Matthews, Marner & Co. are learning from a guy who was a mediocre Canadian University hockey player that couldn't make it playing in England.

And I'm not sure McCollum is a bust, he started coming into his own the same time that Mrazek turned pro, since then he's gotten little to no opportunity.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Ryan Pike
‏@RyanNPike
"Fun" McCollum wrinkle: #Flames will need to open roster spot for him, put him on waivers, then send him to Stockton.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
giphy.gif

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Since Mr. Elliot has decided to go back to his Sens day, goaltending is now open up for all again....MoCollum may get a shot at some point

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
It's been 2 games, talk about premature judgment. He wasn't even bad in the 2nd game. Before you judge Elliott maybe wait until the team doesn't allow 3 breakaway/game and numerous more dangerous scoring chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00