Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Tanner Glass, 1 year 650k

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
https://www.nhl.com/flames/news/flames-sign-tanner-glass/c-291533184?tid=282300716

The Calgary Flames announced today that they have signed left winger Tanner Glass to a one-year contract and assigned left winger Luke Gazdic to their AHL affiliate in Stockton.

Glass, a native of Regina, SK, enters his eleventh NHL season. Last season he split time between the New York Rangers and their AHL affiliate Hartford Wolf Pack. He has 24 career NHL goals along with 45 assists for 69 points and 639 penalty minutes in 511 games. He has also played 67 NHL playoff games netting a pair of goals and four assists for six points and 68 penalty minutes.

AAV: $650,000

BORN: Regina, SK DATE: November 29, 1983

HEIGHT: 6'1" WEIGHT: 209 lbs.

SHOOTS: Left

DRAFTED: FLA - 9th round, 265th overall, in the 2003 NHL Draft

Reactions: Sk8M8 and Hagstrom

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
jWYDx.gif

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Let him use that 1st game of the year energy on the Oilers and send him down. He was one of the more impressive players of the preseason to me.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Great
Super
Cool
Wicked
Excellent

When Tanner Glass beats out your young guys you probably don't have the depth you thought you did.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Meh it's not bad. One year contracts don't really pose any risk. We also don't have a lot of NHL depth upfront

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Great
Super
Cool
Wicked
Excellent

When Tanner Glass beats out your young guys you probably don't have the depth you thought you did.

I think Glass and Jankowski probably provide pretty different things and the club just decided that as of right now they needed what Glass contributed.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Tanner Glass has his own Youtube Poop? Amazing. The Doritos at the end are a nice touch.

Anyway, I feel happy for the player. He came into camp without a contract and earned one. Did exactly what management would have hoped he'd do. This isn't a situation like Bollig where he comes to camp with a contract, because the GM brought him in, and most people expect him to be bad, he is bad, and then he makes the team anyway due to a pre-existing mandate.

He came with no expectations, and I think we were all pretty much impressed with his play. So congrats to him for earning the contract.

That said, I wish others would have been more impressive.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Glut?

Stajan, Brouwer, Glass, Lazar, Hamilton. Three fourth line players and two extras.

Just like 30 other teams in the NHL...
Shinkaruk, Jankowski (until he proves otherwise through game time), Hathaway, Foo. I'm not just talking about the main Flames roster

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He has been known to generate ire from a fan-base.

4th liner, being paid league minimum who'll likely play 25-30 games this season with the big club. Sure, why not :laugh:

I really don't hate this move. If Lazar, Hathaway, Foo... etc, beat Glass out then I'd be pissed. But this guy was clearly one of the best 15 players for Calgary up front this preseason. Goes to show that our prospect pool up front is a lot more 'meh' than we normally think

Reactions: Sk8M8

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Apparently he is in the lineup for tomorrow.
He (Hathaway) will be sent down when the Jagr signing is official, that is likely why he was waived and kept up.

Personally I like the Glass signing, we do need a checking line and he's outplayed Lazar, Hamilton and Hathaway in the preseason and is more physical than any of our other forwards. He will probably be the regular LW with Hamilton and Lazar filling in as short term injury replacements; Janko and Hathaway being the first call-ups when there are longer term injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad