Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Nikita Nesterov (1 year, $700k)

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Valimaki-Andersson
Giordano-Kylington
Nesterov-Tanev

Wow that looks so balanced!

I like it. Now how about Johnny G and Noah to 'go-ah' to Philly for: Rd- Phillipe Myers, Prospect C- German Rubtsov, prospect Rw- Wade Allison, prospect LW- Matthew Strome, and next 2 years Philly 1st Round picks.
Flames move Money to RW, 1st line.
Move Tkachuk up to LW, 1st line.
Start Rubtsov or rookie Jakob Pelletier at C, top-line.
Run a 2nd line of: Mangie-Backs-Lindy.
3rd line of: Dube-Benny-newbie D Simon.
4th line of: Looch-D Ryan-Joakim Nordstrom

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Kylington is gone imo

gio-Andy
Hanifin-tanev
Valimaki-nestrov

I’d hope gio and hanifin are switched but I doubt it

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This is a very poor signing if we're going to be playing this guy regularly.

If he's not going to be playing regularly, why did he leave a cushy job and likely better salary in Russia?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Unless something changed in kylington, nesterov is going to take his job

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

I mean, there's a likelihood that since the Flames didn't have an obvious #7 guy in the system so this signing makes sense from that perspective, I guess.

I doubt he's coming to NA to play as a #7. Perhaps Kylington beats him out, but I think the writing is on the wall that they don't have much faith in him at this point.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Sounds like he's coming over for a shot, and like, getting 100% payment from the NHL is better than a more expensive KHL deal that doesn't get paid. I'd figure this is to create internal competition and drive Kylington/Mackey to preform better, as well as being a fall back in case they fail, as well as a show of the power the Flames have over Kylington in terms of bargaining that they can sign a bottom pairing d-man for nothing.

Also, zero chance that signing Nikita Nesterov is a precursor to trading away a top 4 d-man lmao

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Absolutely no reason to dislike this signing.

Had pretty good results during his first NHL stint, followed by going to Russia, winning the KHL championship, an Olympic Gold Medal and being captain of his team.

Now, he's coming back to North America in the prime of his career on a league-minimum deal.

Plus, although he's a left-shot, he plays the right side, which is what we need.

Very much like.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Kylington better bring the work boots to camp.
This is his spot. A guy like Nesterov can eat popcorn without much hesitation from a Flames POV.

Don’t let this guy take your job.

This is exactly it. Nesterov is here to compete with Kylington for the spot, and to be frank, if Kylington can’t beat him out then he shouldn’t really be in an NHL lineup.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Remember when Jankowski turned heads in camp and lost a spot to Tanner Glass

Anyway, this guy was the captain of CSKA Moscow. He's either playing or he's headed back to Russia

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad