Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Brad Richardson

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
With Lewis and Richardson in, Gawdin and Ruzicka have a blue print what they need to do and how they need to play if they want to make the team.

And if they cant beat out these two, they aren't NHLers, Sutter or no Sutter.

NinjaTurtle

Feb 29, 2020
Windsor, Ont.
This is a player that I was hoping for 2-4 years ago, but at this point is solid depth for the 4th line.

I know everyone wants the kids to be given ice time, but they should still be able to earn it over a 36 y/o and that contract can easily be buried or sit in the press box. Avoided losing him to other teams if we only extended a PTO.

Best case scenario: We’ve added depth, in a veteran with Stanley Cup experience to help our youth and who is good on face-offs (an annual weakness!).

Let’s hope he bounces back from last year’s injuries and puts up 15-20 pts and a 55% in the dot.

Reactions: Nanuuk

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Who knew that it was our bottom 6 wingers who were the issue last season…maybe this signing signifies a Lucic trade

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Pretty inoffensive signing. 12th/13th forward type guy that provides insulation if the kids like Ruzicka and Gawdin aren't ready for full time roles. Only real concern is that there are going to be a few 12/13th type guys filling out the 4th line (Lewis, Ritchie), but that's more an issue across the line and not for Richardson specifically. Could do a lot worse for a bench guy and he keeps up the identity that Sutter is seemingly pushing for in the bottom 6.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
ryan-reynolds-but-why.gif

That about sums this one up

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
By hiring a farmer to be our head coach, doesn't that make our system the farm system by default?

What about the combine?

What about those that bale on the team?

Who takes the bull by the horns?

Who's on tractor to meet or exceed the quota for the year?

Are we adding more beets to the make up of this team?

What type of de-Tractor is Eric Francis?

On a side note, in the same way that Stone had a resurgence under Sutter, I think the same could be said of Hamonic if he could play under Sutter. Not just play, but soul wise, I think Hammer would appreciate it and be revitalized by it.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
What about the combine?

On a side note, in the same way that Stone had a resurgence under Sutter, I think the same could be said of Hamonic if he could play under Sutter. Not just play, but soul wise, I think Hammer would appreciate it and be revitalized by it.

What seeds will the players sow and nurture in order to grow their game over the season?
Will Francis mooooove over and let professionals do the work?
Who follows the Sutter brand best?
Is Lucic going to stirrup trouble?
What's the best way to spur the topline into action?
Why is Edmonton horse poo?

Reactions: Fig

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
What about the combine?

If it wasn’t for @Corpus X , you would still be my favourite poster.

Reactions: Fig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad