GDT: Flames @ Sharks - 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I actually thought lucic wasn’t total shit this time. If he can do something and not get 13+ minutes a night + pp time, I may not hate this move.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Well no surprise from Gillies tonight. I have to assume that he'll be on the next bus to Stockton. The thing is... I don't think they want him there either. Short of a trade I'm not sure what they can do to get rid of him. It would be a shame if he's playing in Stockton while either Parsons or Zag are playing in the ECHL.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Imagine if Lucic and Tkachuk become best friends. Chucky will run around the ice causing a Ruzicka with his big brother waiting in the wing.... I'm on board with Loooch. Entertainment ahead.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
- Stone sucks, Yelesin is better
I think Stone is still a serviceable bottom pair/7th D-man. But Yelesin has been impressing me a lot (and I think even the coaches as well, he had more than a few shifts alongside Gio tonight).

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
If Dube wins a spot on the team which looks likely, I don't really think Jankowski fits anywhere anymore

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Backlund-x
Mangiapane-Dube-x
Lucic-Ryan-x

You've then got Quine, Bennett, Czarnik and possibly Rieder, and less likely Frolik to fill in the rest of those spots.

Edit: I forgot about Lindholm, lol. Yeah I don't know about Janko here

Last edited:

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Gio will be Norris contender again.

Gillies is very mehhhhh. The backup spot is up for grabs right now and nobody has stepped up yet outside of Zag.

Rittich is the clear cut starter.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Raise your hand if at any point in the last five years you predicted Rittich/Zag as our goaltending duo

giphy.gif

This was technically in the last 5 years.

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
Well no surprise from Gillies tonight. I have to assume that he'll be on the next bus to Stockton. The thing is... I don't think they want him there either. Short of a trade I'm not sure what they can do to get rid of him. It would be a shame if he's playing in Stockton while either Parsons or Zag are playing in the ECHL.
Not if you want to lose him on waivers. My mistake, was thinking of Comrie, carry on.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Gaudreau - Monahan - Dube
Tkachuk - Lindholm - Bennett
Mangiapane - Backlund - Frolik
Lucic - Ryan - Janko/Czarnik/Reider
This gets me quite excited... assuming Bennett actually plays like a top 6'er. I feel like we've been trying to get Backlund pushed to down to the 3rd line center for a while. If we can and still keep the line productive... gravy.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Gaudreau - Monahan - Dube
Tkachuk - Lindholm - Bennett
Mangiapane - Backlund - Frolik
Lucic - Ryan - Janko/Czarnik/Reider

This is disgustingly deep if bennett, mangiapane and Dube play up to their roles.

You keep Janko on the 4th line for his pk over czar, and Reider sucks.

FlamesFreak4

Oct 10, 2012
Calgary
This is disgustingly deep if bennett, mangiapane and Dube play up to their roles.

You keep Janko on the 4th line for his pk over czar, and Reider sucks.

I haven’t watched much of the pre-season so far but from what I’ve read hasn’t Reider impressed so far?

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I haven’t watched much of the pre-season so far but from what I’ve read hasn’t Reider impressed so far?

IMO no. I know a lot Flames fans want to sign him because he sucked in Edmonton and they think he'll find his game here and want to stick it to Edmonton, but he'd be our 16th best forward if we signed him. There's no way he makes the team, Flames are too deep.

Quine I think is our ideal 13th forward and he has outplayed Reider by a vast VAST margin. I think all the PTO's have been meh so far.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
IMO no. I know a lot Flames fans want to sign him because he sucked in Edmonton and they think he'll find his game here and want to stick it to Edmonton, but he'd be our 16th best forward if we signed him. There's no way he makes the team, Flames are too deep.

Quine I think is our ideal 13th forward and he has outplayed Reider by a vast VAST margin. I think all the PTO's have been meh so far.
I agree. If the Flames sign any PTO(s) it should be on a 2-way contract at league minimum where they start the season in Stockton and are basically depth pieces in case the Flames run into injury trouble. Not sure how many of the PTOs would agree to those terms however.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I know we like Dube but pencilling him onto the first line is probably wishful thinking at this stage of his career

Reactions: InfinityIggy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad