News Article: FLAMES SEND QUALIFYING OFFERS TO 9 PLAYERS

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I hope Shore is re-signed. If not then I don't understand that trade especially since his stint here went well.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Why isn't Shore being resigned? Unless they think Dube is ready, why the f*** would they not resign him?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm surprised Shore didn't get a QO. I'm equally surprised Shinkaruk did.

Maybe this means they are going to go with Derek Ryan as the #4c

Aug 3, 2010
How is Poirier a surprise? Hes been absolutely ****ing awful since his 2nd pro season
Because his status is currently "reclamation project", not "standard development path."

It's especially surprising because Poirier has proven he doesn't lack the pure ability. The Flames typically don't give up on players so easily (IMO McGrattan's mentorship program should be proof of that) so there is definitely grounds for surprise.

Last edited:

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Shore can't resign, he's being fired

giphy.gif

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
XD. One of the posters on twitter pointed out this could be to avoid arbitration and they'll continue to negotiate Could this perhaps be a possibility?
It very well could he, we did that with Byron the year before we waived him. They may also think Shore isn't worth his QO and may try to sign him for a lesser amount

Reactions: SmellOfVictory

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
No Shore is surprising, but maybe they have a deal already in place with him? They don't have to qualify a guy if they already have a contract lined up for them to sign. But like others are saying, seems more likely that Derek Ryan will be signed to fill that spot.

The rest aren't as noteworthy. Poirier leaving means our collection of 2013 first rounders drops from 6 to 5.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No Shore is surprising, but maybe they have a deal already in place with him? They don't have to qualify a guy if they already have a contract lined up for them to sign. But like others are saying, seems more likely that Derek Ryan will be signed to fill that spot.

The rest aren't as noteworthy. Poirier leaving means our collection of 2013 first rounders drops from 6 to 5.
I kinda wanted Poirier back so wedwstill have 20% of the 1sts

Reactions: Cyrano

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I believe that since any stat on NHL.com is fair game for arbitration, the Flames feel uncomfortable with Shore's elite SAT numbers and would rather negotiated privately. But they could get burned as I don't think a guy like Derek Ryan will be as good as him next year and someone else may reach out to Shore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad