GDT: Flames @ Senators 5:00 PM MT, Fan960, SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
No point to getting Stone if the top line can't get going again. Peters needs to starting blending a little.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Also, Rittich looked good tonight despite the posts. Who do you start against the Isles on Tuesday?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That was an underserved win. 2nd game in the row where we got a last minuet miracle. We need to start playing a full 60 minuets.
I mean, we weren't sharp and our passing was sloppy, and our top line is in a funk, but we were leaning on Ottawa pretty hard all game. If you think we didn't deserve the win, they sure as hell didn't deserve it. They committed turnover after turnover all game long.

Reactions: 1989

s3c0ndh4nd

Feb 23, 2019
That was an underserved win. 2nd game in the row where we got a last minuet miracle. We need to start playing a full 60 minuets again.

Nah, that's a deserved win. It was scarier than it should have been but I don't think there's any question as to which team was better tonight. Lots of bad luck in there.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
That was an underserved win. 2nd game in the row where we got a last minuet miracle. We need to start playing a full 60 minuets again.

Top line has to get its crap together ASAP. Feels like Gaudreau is trying to compensate for Monahan who has been godawful as of late. Seriously, he looks like himself from last February/March, just a mess everywhere.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Flames were all over them for the most part, but way too close for comfort. Feel like they need simplify a bit more, and get pucks to more dirty areas in the middle of the ice instead of perimeter stuff. Now for some trading fun. Big 2 points!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think "Ugly Win" would've been a better thing to say.
Definitely. Our play in the first period was almost flawless, and we just couldn't put it away (cleanly). I think the boys were squeezing their sticks after that. Normally they have more composure in the third period than they showed tonight.

The other factor is that Boucher seemed to put his team into a pretty tight defensive shell after they tied it.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Calgary dominated Ottawa all game. We just couldn't finish... particularly the 1st line.
But we still deserved the win.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The game's over. Is this when the Mark Stone announcement is made?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
2 goals in a month... both in the same game and being on the top line. Yikes. We aren’t getting anywhere in the playoffs if that top line can’t pull its head out of it’s ass.

He'll come around...he has scored 30 for 5 yrs now?...he cant just forget how to score

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
He'll come around...he has scored 30 for 5 yrs now?...he cant just forget how to score

He’s forgotten how to play in general. Same with tkachuk. Seriously, they’ve been in funks long enough that “natural regression” really shouldn’t be an excuse anymore. Not gonna win a lot of games with 2 goals...

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
5 wins in a row without the top line getting on the board much. Good depth. Lets hope Gaudreau-Monahan-Tkachuk get back on track soon. Maybe 1 Mark Stone/Kevin Hayes is the medicine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad