Confirmed with Link: Flames Re-Sign Tyler Parsons, One-Year, Two-Way @ $735,000

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
At this point it doesn't really matter what any of our goalies turn out to be now that Markstrom is in the fold. If Parsons manages to put it together, great! If not, well, it's really easy to find back-ups in the league in this day and age

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I could see him pulling a Binnington: getting a call up at some point over the next few years and going on a real heater and not giving the net back. But then falling back down to Earth.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
whats going on with Parsons? I saw that he couldnt play in training camp due to covid, but i cant find any stats on him this season? Wheres he at? I dont see him on the AHL or ECHL roster

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
whats going on with Parsons? I saw that he couldnt play in training camp due to covid, but i cant find any stats on him this season? Wheres he at? I dont see him on the AHL or ECHL roster
Last news was he was not vaccinated therefore not welcomed by the club….his time with the flames is probably done

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Tyler who?

Jr hockey was the apex of his hockey career.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Reactions: Ace Rimmer

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
He had mental health issues that derailed his career.
Flames prospect Tyler Parsons opens up about his mental health struggles: 'I finally spoke up'

It's legitimate, but also concerning that for the last few decades, we lost quite a few AHL goalie prospects due to mental health or psychological reasons. I do think Tre is working hard to get rid of that problem though.

Hopefully we can actually start to develop our own goalies after drafting....Wolf & the Russians.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Hopefully we can actually start to develop our own goalies after drafting....Wolf & the Russians.

I honestly don't know what it is, but it wasn't a specific issue to any specific goalie coach in the AHL. It was just a high level loss of prospects for off ice reasons or injury for nearly two decades. I honestly believe the modification of the training camp to being educational vs a high pressure competition and extending lots of support to the prospects (ie: substance abuse) has made a big difference.

For the Russian prospects, we started hiring Russian translators who know hockey lingo which IIRC was touted as being a big help per the Russian prospects themselves.

But yes, I agree that we will start to graduate more goalies as time goes on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad