Confirmed with Link: Flames re-sign Kylington

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Even if Kylington tops out as a flawed #4 guy, I'll take that and run. Some diversity in the defense's skillset is preferable over rolling out:

Hanifin-Tanev
Zadorov-Andersson
Valimaki-Mackey/Stone

Rather have guys that are error-prone but can score over guys that only contribute to the team's success when they play mistake-free hockey. Plus our PP is a disaster and I'm certain Ollie could help iron that out. How nice would it be to have another guy that can skate it in other than Gaudreau

I do hope he makes the top 6.
He does bring diversity to the group, and is worth a highlight goal a season so far.

Dunno.

I think last season was the correct way of using him, 75% zone starts and hoping for a +50% xGF%.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Yelesin went back to Russia. Lerby's two year ELC is over, but was extended a qualifying offer. No word as to whether he has accepted it yet. Kinvall is supposed to be in Stockton this year.

Lerby's in Malmo, he's playing in Sweden.
Calgary extended the QO to maintain his rights.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I'd like to see him with a stable job on the team.
I honestly do think they underplayed him because of expansion in a lost season. Also sitting him after his mistakes could have been the exclamation point on it "This guy makes mistakes that the coach will literally never player him again this season."

Look, he's not a 1D, PPQB elite player like you and a few other people are making him out to be; but having a good skating guy who could pick up some points back there wouldn't hurt this team. You can live with his horrible defensive side if his offensive side compensates for it.

I think Samuel Girard would be the upside I like for Kylington. Undersized but shuts down plays with his feet, enough hands and creativity to contribute in the OZ. Paired with a big stay at home D like Graves, Girard has had great success in Colorado with a similar skillset.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I'd be surprised if the bottom part of the defense was solidifed through the first few games of the season. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kylington/Mackey/Stone/Valimaki and kind of rotate a bit through the lineup, but for what he brings there isn't much of a reason for him not to hammer down a top 6 role on the team given his competition isn't stellar. He adds an element to the defence other guys can't, whereas Mackey/Stone coming in is another two-way solid bodied guy that fits in with *checks notes* every other guy on the back end. Not sure if he can be the cure to scoring woes but there's no doubt he'd be apart of a good teams solution to getting some more offense from the back end.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think Samuel Girard would be the upside I like for Kylington. Undersized but shuts down plays with his feet, enough hands and creativity to contribute in the OZ. Paired with a big stay at home D like Graves, Girard has had great success in Colorado with a similar skillset.

No idea.
That 18/19 season looked really promising for Oliver, but he lost the confidence of three, albeit ranging from horrible to okay coaches.

I really wouldn't mind seeing him paired with some like Zadorov. Playing with a big hulk who can't play offense, but can sort of be forced to be the man back when playing with Oliver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad